Can't pair Pixel Buds A with Windows 10 laptop

Hi, when I'm trying to pair my Pixel Buds A with windows 10, they appear as "Unkown Device" and fail to pair. What can I do?

I've already tried to reset the pixel buds holding the back button for 30 seconds and I've updated the bluetooth driver to the latest version and also tried to unistall and clean reinstall it, but still nothing works.

My laptop is a CLEVO X170KMG.

They work with my pixel 6 and my samsung galaxy tab s4. I've read on the internet that bluetooth and windows don't work very well, am I doomed to use wired earbuds?

The Bluetooth module in the computer side needs to support certain protocols.
I have found the hardware and definatly the software on Windows is EXTREMELY lacking, in supporting devices and in getting it to work properly.

This kinda sounds like the comunication protocal isnt supported on the PC side.
Is it possible those buds require Bluetooth 5? or better.
Its possible the BT module in the PC is older and doesnt support the right protocols.

When i ask for more specs, don't expect me to know the answer!
I'm just helping YOU to help YOURSELF!
(The more info you give the easier it is for others to help you out!)

Not willing to capitulate to the ignorance of the masses!

7 minutes ago, HanZie82 said:

The Bluetooth module in the computer side needs to support certain protocols.
I have found the hardware and definatly the software on Windows is EXTREMELY lacking, in supporting devices and in getting it to work properly.

This kinda sounds like the comunication protocal isnt supported on the PC side.
Is it possible those buds require Bluetooth 5? or better.
Its possible the BT module in the PC is older and doesnt support the right protocols.

that's true, the good news is that there are wifi cards out there with I think up to Bluetooth 5.2 support. However even if you are using a compatible protocol, Windows 10 just straight up cannot work well with your Wireless Earbuds. I've had my Samsung Galaxy Buds for a few years now despite the abuse and it sounds better on my phone than it does on windows 10

on Windows 10, on stereo channel sounds way better than the original driver, but it's still like from what I can tell so tenney at higher volumes or some sort and just not pleasant...

Make sure to quote me if you want me to respond

Turn your Mobile VR or PSVR Headset into a working 6DoF SteamVR one guide/tutorial (below):

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My PC

Just now, ObiOneStenobi said:

Thanks for the quick answers. I have the Intel® Killer™ Wi-Fi 6 AX1650x installed on the machine and as it says on the official website, it support the bluetooth 5.2.

Well that surely should be one of the best options as for Bluetooth. afaik.

When i ask for more specs, don't expect me to know the answer!
I'm just helping YOU to help YOURSELF!
(The more info you give the easier it is for others to help you out!)

Not willing to capitulate to the ignorance of the masses!