intel i5 12400

Gigabyte B660 Gaming X DDR4

Crucial MX500 SSD

1TB WD Caviar Blue

Gigabyte GTX 1050

TP Link Wifi Card

Corsair RM650

Corsair Vengeance RGB 16GB 

The PC is just randomly freezing. Usuially when I'm away from the PC and lock it, i return to find my keyboard and all other devices are unresponsive, often the audio goes into some kind of loop like when a pc feezes. 

The error in event viewer is "error 56, acpi 2. fatal hardware error".

I've reset the CMOS. Crystaldiskinfo says the ssd is healthy but when i try and run crucial self test it says "the drive aborted the test", and i can't run it

XMP is disabled - when enabling it the screen just goes black and i can't boot

BIOS isn't latest 

Everything else is up to date, all chipset drivers installed

How likely is this just to be an SSD? I don't want to replace the ssd only to still get an error. The SSD and HDD are a few years old, everything else is brand new (apart from the wifi card and gpu)

It's not overheating...it has an aftermarket cooler (ak400) and when it freezes its mostly idling at around 25c. Never had it freeze when playing a game, just usally when ive locked it or at the desktop

I've disabled sleep and related power options

I had some similar issues that turned out to be RAM instability. May want to check that board's QVL list for your RAM SKU to confirm whether it's recommended.

I don't badmouth others' input, I'd appreciate others not badmouthing mine. *** More below ***

MODERATE TO SEVERE AUTISTIC, COMPLICATED WITH COVID FOG

Due to the above, I've likely revised posts <30 min old, and do not think as you do.

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!

1 hour ago, qwerty2555 said:

My specs

intel i5 12400

Gigabyte B660 Gaming X DDR4

Crucial MX500 SSD

1TB WD Caviar Blue

Gigabyte GTX 1050

TP Link Wifi Card

Corsair RM650

Corsair Vengeance RGB 16GB 

The PC is just randomly freezing. Usuially when I'm away from the PC and lock it, i return to find my keyboard and all other devices are unresponsive, often the audio goes into some kind of loop like when a pc feezes. 

The error in event viewer is "error 56, acpi 2. fatal hardware error".

I've reset the CMOS. Crystaldiskinfo says the ssd is healthy but when i try and run crucial self test it says "the drive aborted the test", and i can't run it

XMP is disabled - when enabling it the screen just goes black and i can't boot

BIOS isn't latest 

Everything else is up to date, all chipset drivers installed

How likely is this just to be an SSD? I don't want to replace the ssd only to still get an error. The SSD and HDD are a few years old, everything else is brand new (apart from the wifi card and gpu)

It's not overheating...it has an aftermarket cooler (ak400) and when it freezes its mostly idling at around 25c. Never had it freeze when playing a game, just usally when ive locked it or at the desktop

I've disabled sleep and related power options

drivers maybe?

21 hours ago, An0maly_76 said:

I had some similar issues that turned out to be RAM instability. May want to check that board's QVL list for your RAM SKU to confirm whether it's recommended.

I can't find the RAM on the QVL list. Which is weird because every single other corsair ram is supported.

PCPartPicker never raised any flags. TBH, I didn't even know a certain type of ram not being supported was a thing. I just assumed so long as it matched the DDR the board supported you'd be fine.

Also XMP is disabled when i tried to enable it just went onto a black screen and i couldn't boot

I can't even run memtest. every time i  try and boot memtest from the usb it sends me straight back to the boot menu. Tried on two different usbs and different usb ports. I am so frustrated because this problem is seemingly impossible to fix because its intermittent (but happens at least once a day). happened this morning, it froze when i left it on a screensaver.