Mystery $5.99 refund on backpack order

EternalSugarHigh
Go to solution Solved by DeltaBruggemann,
44 minutes ago, EternalSugarHigh said:

Did anyone else just get an email with a $5.99 refund on a wave 1 (or other wave) backpack order?  There was no information about why it was given and I haven't heard about it elsewhere.  The order wasn't cancelled so it's not a complaint, just a little confusing.

The refund was for the extra shipping cost that was charged for adding a free item to the order with just a backpack. The shipping cost for the Backpack should have only been $49.99.

Did anyone else just get an email with a $5.99 refund on a wave 1 (or other wave) backpack order?  There was no information about why it was given and I haven't heard about it elsewhere.  The order wasn't cancelled so it's not a complaint, just a little confusing.

44 minutes ago, EternalSugarHigh said:

The refund was for the extra shipping cost that was charged for adding a free item to the order with just a backpack. The shipping cost for the Backpack should have only been $49.99.

On 9/26/2022 at 10:13 PM, DeltaBruggemann said:

I'm sorry, $49.99 shipping on the backpack!?! I understand that shipping things has only gotten more expensive lately, but tax + shipping on a backpack shouldn't be near a third of the price of it... that's insane.

28 minutes ago, cyndagon said:

I'm sorry, $49.99 shipping on the backpack!?! I understand that shipping things has only gotten more expensive lately, but tax + shipping on a backpack shouldn't be near a third of the price of it... that's insane.

Have you ever shipped something internationally?  Shipping to many parts of the world is expensive.

The Backpack isn't heavy, but it looks like it's not getting squashed into a small box for shipping. You pay to ship that volume (dimensional rates).

I think Linus said the warehouse also weighs the shipping and handling rates so North American orders pay a little more to help subsidize international shipping.

I sold my soul for ProSupport.

On 9/26/2022 at 11:13 PM, DeltaBruggemann said:

Was there any reason it’s just now being refunded? I think I ordered like August 3rd. 

2 hours ago, ccs46 said:

Was there any reason it’s just now being refunded? I think I ordered like August 3rd. 

It probably took time to process all the orders. It wouldn’t surprise me if they had to go through orders manually.

I believe they fixed during wave 2 but it means there could have been over 15000 orders that needed to be amended.

13 hours ago, ToboRobot said:

Have you ever shipped something internationally?  Shipping to many parts of the world is expensive.

I've purchased internationally, like I get it. But at that price point I'd rather just search for other options. I understand shipping is pricy, I just can't justify that. Might as well look and compare with $300 backpacks. It's wild that between the US and Canada it's considered international shopping when all that seperate us is an imaginary line. Actually overseas is another thing, but this is a topic for another day. 

6 hours ago, cyndagon said:

I've purchased internationally, like I get it. But at that price point I'd rather just search for other options. I understand shipping is pricy, I just can't justify that. Might as well look and compare with $300 backpacks. It's wild that between the US and Canada it's considered international shopping when all that seperate us is an imaginary line. Actually overseas is another thing, but this is a topic for another day. 

So you understand international borders aren't imaginary and there is paperwork, and a lot of stuff involved.

And shipping from USA to Canada can be thousands of miles.

Seems like many people can justify it, and just because some of us can't doesn't mean it's wrong.

7 hours ago, cyndagon said:

Well you're in luck. They aren't forcing you to buy the backpack and are allowed to buy a different one. You can even decide to buy 1 locally in a store, the people over at LMG are nice like that to allow such purchases.

1 hour ago, Neroon said:

Well you're in luck. They aren't forcing you to buy the backpack and are allowed to buy a different one. You can even decide to buy 1 locally in a store, the people over at LMG are nice like that to allow such purchases.

You mean the letter I got from Linus in the mail demanding I buy a backpack and screwdriver and massive shipping charges to the far off land of Ontario or he will send his goons to beat me up wasn't real?  I thought it was real based on the quality of the paper stock.

14 hours ago, cyndagon said:

How did you end up paying $50 for shipping?  I only ended up paying $25.98 and I’m probably the farthest you can be from their warehouse. I’m in Florida. 

16 hours ago, ccs46 said:

How did you end up paying $50 for shipping?  I only ended up paying $25.98 and I’m probably the farthest you can be from their warehouse. I’m in Florida. 

If you ship to Europe it is 50$...

On 10/1/2022 at 3:36 PM, ToboRobot said:

You mean the letter I got from Linus in the mail demanding I buy a backpack and screwdriver and massive shipping charges to the far off land of Ontario or he will send his goons to beat me up wasn't real?  I thought it was real based on the quality of the paper stock.

Did they also want you to add them to telegram? If so that's a scammer bot.

LMG doesn't demand you to buy their items. Sure they might put some pressure on you, but you are still free to choose. It's not at the level of the referendum in Ukraine, but Linus may or may not send Dennis to fight you.

10 hours ago, f222 said:

If you ship to Europe it is 50$...

That’s pretty cheap to send something to Europe insured, especially from Washington State/Canada.