Tablet is suddenly 2x slower.

BotDamian

Hello,

I have a Samsung S6 Lite tablet, I have used it when it was new few years ago, it was fast, snappy etc.

I rarely use the tablet and it was turned off for like 6+ months, then I use it once or twice and then it's off again.

Most of the time it's off and I charge it so the battery doesn't die.

Now when I use the tablet it's really slow, for no reason at all, it's really slow.

Is Samsung doing the same what Apple does? By reducing the CPU speeds?

There is no way a device degrades this fast in a span of 6 months while being off.

I always liked Android more but at this point it's a crappy as Apple is.

Intel NUC 13 | i3 1315U2x 8GB 3600/CL16

AMD 7950x3d | Sapphire 7800XT Nitro | 2x 16GB Corsair Vengeance 5600Mhz CL36 1R | MSI B650-P Pro Wifi | Custom Loop

AUNE X8 Magic DAC + SS3602

AUNE X7s PRO Class-A | Sennheiser HD58X

Schiit Rekkr ELAC BS243.3

Manually update everything that needs to get updated like your apps & system firmware for instance and just keep your tablet on for about 1-2 hours, and keep it plugged in. Let all the updates finish. 

If that doesnt work, there is always the option of resetting your device back to factory default

1 hour ago, BotDamian said:

Hello,

I have a Samsung S6 Lite tablet, I have used it when it was new few years ago, it was fast, snappy etc.

I rarely use the tablet and it was turned off for like 6+ months, then I use it once or twice and then it's off again.

Most of the time it's off and I charge it so the battery doesn't die.

Now when I use the tablet it's really slow, for no reason at all, it's really slow.

Is Samsung doing the same what Apple does? By reducing the CPU speeds?

There is no way a device degrades this fast in a span of 6 months while being off.

I always liked Android more but at this point it's a crappy as Apple is.

Have you updated the OS recently and what’s the battery life like? 

Btw apple doesn’t reduce CPU speeds to slow the device down, they only limit devices with a degraded battery and you can manually turn this off, swap the battery and it’ll be fine.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/25/2022 at 2:59 PM, OhioYJ said:

Being an S6 Lite, you aren't stuck running Samsung's software, your device is officially supported by Lineage.

That's a good idea, I will try it

Intel NUC 13 | i3 1315U2x 8GB 3600/CL16

AMD 7950x3d | Sapphire 7800XT Nitro | 2x 16GB Corsair Vengeance 5600Mhz CL36 1R | MSI B650-P Pro Wifi | Custom Loop

AUNE X8 Magic DAC + SS3602

AUNE X7s PRO Class-A | Sennheiser HD58X

Schiit Rekkr ELAC BS243.3