Hello dear technology lovers!

I'm here today to ask for opinions and ideas from personal experience and knowledge regarding buying parts for a new Gaming RIG. I must say that I didn't know where to create this topic but I think here was a good place as I have some CPU/MO-BO/Memory concerns... sorry if I created it at the wrong place... I must also say that the last computer I mounted (this one, from 2008) was a while ago so I'm kind of out of practice and I am also sorry for any stupid questions, don't judge me!

already have the following parts:

Gigabyte GTX 7704GB - Really quiet(I'm always wearing my headset or with loud music around me so my opinion might be meaningless) and it hasn't reached more than 59ºC while playing BF3/Skyrim, both on Ultra.

Cooler Master Silent Pro M2 - 720W - It's also really quiet and I have no complaints whatsoever. It was my first semi-modular PSU and I was so happy about it.

I have 4 HDDs at the moment, total of 5TB of space so I ain't needing any more of dat.

And these peripherals:

Corsair Vengeance 2100 - My friend has a PC360 and I was really worried when I bought the V2100s because I thought they would suck if compared to the PC 360 but they definitely do not! I'm not really into listening to music on earbuds/headphones and I believe they are worse than the PC360 for it. However, for gaming, I'm so happy with the V2100s' locational audio, saved me a lot in FPS games. Also: they are so damn comfy, no sweaty pleather, gigantic ear cups for my gigantic ears and, the reason why I bought'em, they are wireless.

SteelSeries QcK mass - I'm gonna buy a new mouse so I'm just gonna mention my mouse pad (which most likely I won't change) just in case.

I really would appreciate if we could focus on what I need to buy, not the stuff I already have... I can't return them so, even if they are not the best(or totally suck), I have to keep them.

All right, with that said I believe I need: A case, motherboard, CPU, cooler, memory, SSD, keyboard and mouse. I'm noot looking for a monitor because I won't have enough money for that as well.

I did some research and came up with a build that is not very expensive but I might change it because I will buy everything in December so Broadwell and Z97 will probably be out already... anyway, here it is so far:

Corsair Obsidian 750D - This is an expensive case but it is so huge, has so many places to put fans at and will certainly last for so much time that I'm pretty confident I'll stick with it;

Intel Core i7-4770K* - I like to play around with OC so I "need" the Unlocked detail. I know that i5-4670K is more than enough for gaming but I won't be able to buy anything any time soon so I'll go with the best I can afford;

Noctua NH-U14SNF-A15 - You might call me a weird-o but I find Noctua stuff so beautiful. Also, my current rig has a Noctua CPU Cooler and it's just amazing: quiet, keeps the CPU cooled and it's easy to remove/clean. And it's been working just fine for almost 7 years.

Sabertooth Z87* - I have a serious dust problem at my house. I don't really know why but everything gets dirty so fast. If I clean my rig today, in a month it will be full of dust again. I guess this motherboard would help me with that(or at least I wouldn't be able to see the dust...);

Corsair Vengeance Pro Series (2x8GB) DDR3 1866 MHZ* - These are low profile so they won't stay in the way of the CPU cooler;

Intel 730 Series 240GB SSD - I hope these are cheaper in December when I buy everything but, if they're not, I might go for a cheaper one - no big worries about it.

Peripherals:

Logitech G710+ - I love the Cherry MX Brown and, even though it's kind of pricy, I believe this keyboard will last for a few years(Linus' video about it also helped me choosing this), so it's hopefully gonna be worth it;

Wireless Razer Mamba - This mouse feels so great on my hand. I have had a couple of mice and this is by far the most comfortable I ever used. And again, it can be used on a wireless mode.

I guess that's everything I would buy today from the research I did. However, I still want to hear from anyone that has or had any of the items above if they are a good choice. Also anyone that would like to say anything, please do.

If I had to ask anything, it would be:

1) I hear Broadwell is coming in the near future and it's gonna feature DDR4. If that's true, I believe there will be so many problems with the "new technology" that the upsides of buying the brand new processor, memory and motherboard that supports it might not pay off...

2) Likewise Broadwell, the Sabertooth with the Z97 chipset is probably going to be available in the near future so would it be a good idea to buy it? Like in question 1, the many problems that might appear maybe make it a bad idea to buy it?

3) I am only going to buy this rig because I'll be in the US for 30 days (December~January) and the prices can't even be compared to where I live. If I am not wrong, these 9 items cost $1,460.00 as of right now. If I were to buy them where I live it would cost more than $3,000. What I mean with this is that I need a rig that will last for a long time - at least 5 to 6 years. I am not a fan of ULTRA HIGH GRAPHICS on games. As long as I can play them at low-medium with high FPS, it's great. Therefore, a good rig today will still be a cool one in 5 to 6 years :)

Sorry about the long post, just really need some ideas so I don't do something stupid and end up losing money or, most importantly, losing the opportunity to buy my new rig at the United States.

*I'm sorry for any English mistakes, please tell me if you can't understand something!*

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790k | CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 | Motherboard: ASUS Sabertooth Z97 MARK 1 | Memory: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866MHz | GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 770 4GB Windforce

Storage: Samsung 840 EVO | PSU: CM Silent Pro 720W | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | Headset: Corsair Vengeance 2100 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | Mouse: Razer DeathAdder Chroma

"You see, one can only be angry with those he respects." - R. Nixon

December is a long way away. Plan much closer to then. It's way too early.

You're spending plenty more than you need to for the amount of performance you're getting. You could get similar performance for less or more performance for the same price and have plenty of margin to fit a monitor in.

Unless you're planning on watercooling or going for triple/quad sli/cf, I'd suggest getting a smaller case. There are other cases in the Obsidian series that would likely be more suitable than the 750D.

Unless you actually need the performance, getting the i7 over the i5 is a waste of money. At best, you're getting ~30% more performance than no HT and at worst, you get no performance boost to actually having less for some games that aren't HT-friendly.

I don't see the need of getting another fan for the u14s. It's already fine with the one stock fan. If you want better cooling, look at the NH-D15.

Getting the Sabertooth is not the solution for dust--getting dust filters and having positive airflow is. 

Vengeance Pros are not low-profile.

If you really want Intel reliability, I'd suggest getting the 530 instead to not sacrifice encryption.

2. Few know and those who do wouldn't be able to tell you.

3. If you want gaming performance, there are a plethora of better alternatives to the build--but like @Jvagle875 said, I'd suggest planning later. ~2-3 days at most before you buy. Parts and prices change frequently so any parts list you come up with now will likely be 

obsolete by the time you're ready to buy.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

December is a long way away. Plan much closer to then. It's way too early.

That's a bummer.

You're spending plenty more than you need to for the amount of performance you're getting. You could get similar performance for less or more performance for the same price and have plenty of margin to fit a monitor in.

Unless you're planning on watercooling or going for triple/quad sli/cf, I'd suggest getting a smaller case. There are other cases in the Obsidian series that would likely be more suitable than the 750D.

Unless you actually need the performance, getting the i7 over the i5 is a waste of money. At best, you're getting ~30% more performance than no HT and at worst, you get no performance boost to actually having less for some games that aren't HT-friendly.

I don't see the need of getting another fan for the u14s. It's already fine with the one stock fan. If you want better cooling, look at the NH-D15.

Getting the Sabertooth is not the solution for dust--getting dust filters and having positive airflow is. 

Vengeance Pros are not low-profile.

If you really want Intel reliability, I'd suggest getting the 530 instead to not sacrifice encryption.

2. Few know and those who do wouldn't be able to tell you.

3. If you want gaming performance, there are a plethora of better alternatives to the build--but like @Jvagle875 said, I'd suggest planning later. ~2-3 days at most before you buy. Parts and prices change frequently so any parts list you come up with now will likely be 

obsolete by the time you're ready to buy.

Thanks for your answer.

- I don't really need a monitor, I already have a 21.5" OLED but it's 1920x1080. Of course I'd like a 1440p but there's no need at all...

- I was looking for a smaller case like the 550D but I just loved the 750D and I have space for it at my house so... the $50~70 I'll save buying a smaller case won't make any real difference.

- I definitely do not need that much performance of an i7. I know the i5 is better for how much you pay but, again, I'd rather have the (or close to that) best CPU right now so I won't have to change it any time soon. I'm afraid that an i5 will start to struggle in the near future...

- Hey! The stock fan is that good? Seriously? Even if I live somewhere really hot and dusty? I just kind of want to get another Noctua cooler, just like a hipster or something :D. I know the NH-D15 are better than the NH-U14 but they're just gigantic and so heavy. I think I'll feel bad for putting them on the motherboard haha! And also, the NH-D15 doesn't fit with some RAMs.

- They might not be low-profile but they're shorter than many RAMs, they're not that expensive and they look good so... maybe it's a good idea ?

- I really don't know much about SSDs so the 530 is somewhat a better choice?.

I'm gonna post this again a few days before I order them from Amazon for sure! Thanks a lot!

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790k | CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 | Motherboard: ASUS Sabertooth Z97 MARK 1 | Memory: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866MHz | GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 770 4GB Windforce

Storage: Samsung 840 EVO | PSU: CM Silent Pro 720W | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | Headset: Corsair Vengeance 2100 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | Mouse: Razer DeathAdder Chroma

- I don't really need a monitor, I already have a 21.5" OLED but it's 1920x1080. Of course I'd like a 1440p but there's no need at all...

- I was looking for a smaller case like the 550D but I just loved the 750D and I have space for it at my house so... the $50~70 I'll save buying a smaller case won't make any real difference.

- I definitely do not need that much performance of an i7. I know the i5 is better for how much you pay but, again, I'd rather have the (or close to that) best CPU right now so I won't have to change it any time soon. I'm afraid that an i5 will start to struggle in the near future...

- Hey! The stock fan is that good? Seriously? Even if I live somewhere really hot and dusty? I just kind of want to get another Noctua cooler, just like a hipster or something :D. I know the NH-D15 are better than the NH-U14 but they're just gigantic and so heavy. I think I'll feel bad for putting them on the motherboard haha! And also, the NH-D15 doesn't fit with some RAMs.

- They might not be low-profile but they're shorter than many RAMs, they're not that expensive and they look good so... maybe it's a good idea ?

- I really don't know much about SSDs so the 530 is somewhat a better choice?.

I'm gonna post this again a few days before I order them from Amazon for sure! Thanks a lot!

No point getting a powerful system if what you're looking is a crappy display. You spend most of your time staring at the monitor and not your system.

It's less about saving money and more about being practical. An overly large case would look empty, need more fans for similar cooling, and take more unnecessary space. If you like the look, check out the 350D or 450D. The 550D isn't really the same style. 

By the time the i5 is struggling, an i7 would too. There's no point in getting the i7 unless you actually need the HT. 

The stock fan is a NF-A15..the same fan you were going to buy. Push/pull is quite useless on a single tower cooler. As for the NH-D15, don't worry about the motherboard. Noctua has one of if not the best mounting hardware available.

There are few ram kits that are actually taller than Vengeance Pros.. The majority of ram is much lower profile.

The 530 doesn't sacrifice encryption which is pretty much standard across many modern ssds.  

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

No point getting a powerful system if what you're looking is a crappy display. You spend most of your time staring at the monitor and not your system.

It's less about saving money and more about being practical. An overly large case would look empty, need more fans for similar cooling, and take more unnecessary space. If you like the look, check out the 350D or 450D. The 550D isn't really the same style. 

By the time the i5 is struggling, an i7 would too. There's no point in getting the i7 unless you actually need the HT. 

The stock fan is a NF-A15..the same fan you were going to buy. Push/pull is quite useless on a single tower cooler. As for the NH-D15, don't worry about the motherboard. Noctua has one of if not the best mounting hardware available.

There are few ram kits that are actually taller than Vengeance Pros.. The majority of ram is much lower profile.

The 530 doesn't sacrifice encryption which is pretty much standard across many modern ssds.  

But a good monitor is more than $600 and I don't think it's worth to save $600 to have enough for the monitor...

Imma check out the 450D but, well, I really like the 750D xD

I think in the future more programs/games will be HT friendly because paralelism is the way to think about things.

I'll go for the NH-D15 then. I'll need to buy some fans for the case and being silent is kind of a goal here... should I buy noctua fans or cheaper ones? No worries about the looks here.

Thought that Vengeance Pro were like in between the low-profile and high-profile... If you had to choose the RAM, what would you buy *that does not glow in the dark(LEDs)* ?

530 it is!

But a good monitor is more than $600 and I don't think it's worth to save $600 to have enough for the monitor...

Imma check out the 450D but, well, I really like the 750D xD

I think in the future more programs/games will be HT friendly because paralelism is the way to think about things.

I'll go for the NH-D15 then. I'll need to buy some fans for the case and being silent is kind of a goal here... should I buy noctua fans or cheaper ones? No worries about the looks here.

Thought that Vengeance Pro were like in between the low-profile and high-profile... If you had to choose the RAM, what would you buy *that does not glow in the dark(LEDs)* ?

530 it is!

What kind of display were you looking at that's more than $600..?

HT isn't simply adding more threads and benefiting parallelism. It's using the threads differently. Many games are examples of programs that use single threaded cores well already with HT decreasing performance in some cases. 

If you want a quiet case, it's hard to go wrong by replacing all your fans with Noctuas. 

Vengeance Pros are pretty high profile. Ram is ram. Brand doesn't really matter. If looks are no concern, get whatever is cheapest. 

What kind of display were you looking at that's more than $600..?

HT isn't simply adding more threads and benefiting parallelism. It's using the threads differently. Many games are examples of programs that use single threaded cores well already with HT decreasing performance in some cases. 

If you want a quiet case, it's hard to go wrong by replacing all your fans with Noctuas. 

Vengeance Pros are pretty high profile. Ram is ram. Brand doesn't really matter. If looks are no concern, get whatever is cheapest. 

This a great one, right http://www.amazon.com/PB278Q-27-Inch-LED-lit-Professional-Graphics/dp/B009C3M7H0/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1399080271&sr=8-2 ?

The i7 has more cache if I'm not wrong... that's something :)

I would put 2 in-take fans on the front and 2 fans on the top pushing out to try to keep dust out... maybe another one pushing out on the back besides those small fans from the sabertooth - it looks good :)

This a great one, right http://www.amazon.com/PB278Q-27-Inch-LED-lit-Professional-Graphics/dp/B009C3M7H0/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1399080271&sr=8-2 ?

The i7 has more cache if I'm not wrong... that's something :)

I would put 2 in-take fans on the front and 2 fans on the top pushing out to try to keep dust out... maybe another one pushing out on the back besides those small fans from the sabertooth - it looks good :)

Yeah, that's a great display.

The cache doesn't make that much of a difference for gaming.

Yeah, that's a great display.

The cache doesn't make that much of a difference for gaming.

In 6 years maybe it will :) - jk. I know it doesn't really but, anyway, in a few years I might grow up and stop playing games so.. yeah.

Thanks for your reply. I'll be creating this again in 6 months. Thank you!