Planning on buying a new PC

Vibora

Budget (including currency): Irrelevant, everything goes.

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: mainly 4k gaming and a bit of VMs

Other details So since the rtx 4000 series were announced, im looking to upgrade my PC. What are your thoughts on this "base" of the computer? GPU would be the 4090.

Here is one I made. Since you said the budget was irrelevant I made an overkill pc

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/MMdN2m

I left the gpu spot open since there was no 4090 option.

My First PC
CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x
Cooler: Asus TUF Gaming LC240
Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix B550-f gaming
RAM: 4x8 GB Corsair Vengeance RS (3200 MHz, CL16)
Storage: 1tb Samsung 980 Pro
Graphics Card: Asus Dual RTX 2060 OC
Case: Deepcool Matrexx 50
Power Supply: Corsair RM650x
Headset: Razer Blackshark V2
Keyboard: Corsair K70 Pro Mini (Speed Silver switches)
Mouse: Razer Viper Mini
Only changes I have made is I sold the 2060 for $235 AUD and bought a Powercolor Red Devil 6700 XT for $400 second hand (it was barely used, think I scored a deal on Ebay with that).
I'm learning video editing and trying to get some cash as a high school student.
I like F1, my favourite team is Scuderia Ferrari and favourite driver is Charles Leclerc. Favourite track is Red Bull Ring in Austria.
Playing with a 1080p 60hz monitor right now, hoping to upgrade to a 1440p 144hz one soon.

Living in AU and that pisses me off since every event is late at night or early in the morning (almost every F1 race starts around 11 PM AEST time)

11 hours ago, PcBeExpensive said:

Here is one I made. Since you said the budget was irrelevant I made an overkill pc

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/MMdN2m

I left the gpu spot open since there was no 4090 option.

If he is going to wait for the 4090 in October then just wait for Ryzen 7000 and/or Raptor Lake. 

Also a B450 board ? That limits you to pcie gen 3.

You don't need 64GB Ram for gaming. Even with no budget that is a waste of money.

13 hours ago, Vibora said:

Budget (including currency): Irrelevant, everything goes.

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: mainly 4k gaming and a bit of VMs

Other details So since the rtx 4000 series were announced, im looking to upgrade my PC. What are your thoughts on this "base" of the computer? GPU would be the 4090.

The Ryzen 7000 cpu's and X670 boards are due this month, and Intel 13th gen should be around the end of October if rumours are correct. The RTX 4090 is due on or around the 12th October. So you might as well just hang tight for now.

37 minutes ago, lee32uk said:

The Ryzen 7000 cpu's and X670 boards are due this month, and Intel 13th gen should be around the end of October if rumours are correct. The RTX 4090 is due on or around the 12th October. So you might as well just hang tight for now.

exactly. Since you want a 4090 in it there is no way your going to build it before october 12th. May as well wait till then to start.

My First PC
Only changes I have made is I sold the 2060 for $235 AUD and bought a Powercolor Red Devil 6700 XT for $400 second hand (it was barely used, think I scored a deal on Ebay with that).
I'm learning video editing and trying to get some cash as a high school student.
I like F1, my favourite team is Scuderia Ferrari and favourite driver is Charles Leclerc. Favourite track is Red Bull Ring in Austria.
Playing with a 1080p 60hz monitor right now, hoping to upgrade to a 1440p 144hz one soon.

Living in AU and that pisses me off since every event is late at night or early in the morning (almost every F1 race starts around 11 PM AEST time)

1 hour ago, lee32uk said:

39 minutes ago, PcBeExpensive said:

exactly. Since you want a 4090 in it there is no way your going to build it before october 12th. May as well wait till then to start.

Are there any indications on the leap between the 12th and 13th gen? 

24 minutes ago, Vibora said:

There won't be much difference at 4K, but you might as well wait and see. 

49 minutes ago, Vibora said:

there can be rumours but nobody really knows. I would'nt trust the rumours and bank on them being true. 

https://www.theverge.com/2022/9/13/23350509/intel-13th-gen-core-i5-i7-i9-specs-leak

Apparently intel accidently leaked them. What they supposedly leaked is here. Don't know if this is a trustworthy site.

My First PC

2 hours ago, lee32uk said:

There won't be much difference at 4K, but you might as well wait and see. 

1 hour ago, PcBeExpensive said:

there can be rumours but nobody really knows. I would'nt trust the rumours and bank on them being true. 

https://www.theverge.com/2022/9/13/23350509/intel-13th-gen-core-i5-i7-i9-specs-leak

Apparently intel accidently leaked them. What they supposedly leaked is here. Don't know if this is a trustworthy site.

Regarding the build tho, if I decide to go with 12th gen, for 4k gaming, what would you recommend? 12900k or the non k one?

23 minutes ago, Vibora said:

Regarding the build tho, if I decide to go with 12th gen, for 4k gaming, what would you recommend? 12900k or the non k one?

Unless you can use the extra e cores then the 12700/F and a B660 board is what I would go for on current Intel. The 12900K doesn't make much difference for gaming, and especially at 4K where you are mostly gpu bound.

The K means that the cpu can be overclocked. Intel prossesorcs without a k mean they can't be overclocked. If you plan on overclocking get the K

My First PC