Fractal Design Define R4 door making irritating buzzing sound

Jeroen1322
Go to solution Solved by Jeroen1322,

Can you isolate exactly what is causing the buzzing?

Do you have the version with the fan on the panel? try removing it completely or just unplugging it and see what happens.

Guys i'm a complete total F'ng idiot.. Just woke up and saw that my R4 was against my metal desk leg... Moved it a little and the buzzing stoped.. 

Still thanks for the reply's! :)

Hi guys!

So, i have the Fractal Design Define R4 and i'm very happy with it, best case i ever had! BUT there is one thing.. The door is making a buzzing sound. It is not loud but loud enough to irritate me.

When i push the door when open a little bit down the buzzing stops. I have also replaced the stock fan from the bottom to the top fan mount on the front side but didn't help..

How do i fix this?

Thanks! 

[CPU: AMD FX-6100 @3.3GHz ] [MoBo: Asrock 970 Extreme4] [GPU: Gigabyte 770 OC ] [RAM: 8GB] [sSD: 64gb for OS] [PSU: 550Watt Be Quiet!] [HDD: 1TB] [CPU cooler: Be Quiet! Shadow Rock Pro Sr1]  -Did i solve your question/problem? Please click 'Marked Solved'-

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

The bottom hinge is a little but loose, there is no screw or anything like that loose. Well not that i know off

[CPU: AMD FX-6100 @3.3GHz ] [MoBo: Asrock 970 Extreme4] [GPU: Gigabyte 770 OC ] [RAM: 8GB] [sSD: 64gb for OS] [PSU: 550Watt Be Quiet!] [HDD: 1TB] [CPU cooler: Be Quiet! Shadow Rock Pro Sr1]  -Did i solve your question/problem? Please click 'Marked Solved'-

Do you have the version with the fan on the panel? try removing it completely or just unplugging it and see what happens.

Intel Celeron 2.4Ghz - 16GB DDR4 RAM - 980 ti

Guys i'm a complete total F'ng idiot.. Just woke up and saw that my R4 was against my metal desk leg... Moved it a little and the buzzing stoped.. 

You should put yourself in the "experience with none techies thread" :P haha

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

You should put yourself in the "experience with none techies thread" :P haha

What i would put there:

"So there was this idiot bitching about his new awesome R4 and he was to stupid to see that it was standing against his desk and that makes the buzzing sound and not the door!, Gosh.. some people" :P LOL

What i would put there:

"So there was this idiot bitching about his new awesome R4 and he was to stupid to see that it was standing against his desk and that makes the buzzing sound and not the door!, Gosh.. some people" :P LOL

Just write

"ME"

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii