Breakdown:

Toll 28.56 dollars

Import tax 80.84 dollars

Handling fee 18.21 dollars

Tax of handling fee 4.41 dollars

-----

Total: 131 dollars

That's just depressing.

Yeah these import fees they added in Europe now are just insane. I ordered a 3 dollar sticker from ebay and payed 20 bucks of import fees on top of that. It's just insane. Pretty much ordering anything outside Europe is out of the question nowadays.

I just got mine delivered by DHL to Germany without any efforts.
I did not have to pay any Taxes/fees at delivery. Dude just handed it over and of couse, asked me to accept two other parcels for the whole house, as well. 

All in all I payd exactly what LTTstore asked for. Order Order #335xxx, Aug 3rd.
Backpack                     $249.99

Shipping                      $55.98

Tax (Standard 19.0%) $58.14

Total                            $364.11

Yup, expensive but it's "only" 68% more. But it's less bad with the more reasonable gross calculation for Europeans. Total/(backpack gross) = 364/(250*1.19) = 1.225, thus only a 23% increase over gross price.

It's still 365$ for a stoopid backpack, but I love it. The orange is much more popping than I expected. No Screen came close to displaying it correctly (iphone 12, HDR monitor, IPS monitor). It feels very sturdy and just looks glorious.
Thank you Linus and Creator Warehouse.

On 11/12/2022 at 1:59 PM, helgehelge123 said:

I just got mine delivered by DHL to Germany without any efforts.
I did not have to pay any Taxes/fees at delivery. Dude just handed it over and of couse, asked me to accept two other parcels for the whole house, as well. 

All in all I payd exactly what LTTstore asked for. Order Order #335xxx, Aug 3rd.
Backpack                     $249.99

Shipping                      $55.98

Tax (Standard 19.0%) $58.14

Total                            $364.11

Yup, expensive but it's "only" 68% more. But it's less bad with the more reasonable gross calculation for Europeans. Total/(backpack gross) = 364/(250*1.19) = 1.225, thus only a 23% increase over gross price.

It's still 365$ for a stoopid backpack, but I love it. The orange is much more popping than I expected. No Screen came close to displaying it correctly (iphone 12, HDR monitor, IPS monitor). It feels very sturdy and just looks glorious.
Thank you Linus and Creator Warehouse.

DHL is allowed to send the tax bill after delivery, and it usually takes at least a week to receive it

Network/Homelab build log Main PC: "Aqua Blue"  Server: 15TB+ "Blue Lightning"

3900x, 32GB RAM @3200mhz, RTX 3090, 2.5TB+ SSD Storage, 4x2560x1440 monitors

Samsung Galaxy Z Fold2 5G, +2x Note 9

On 11/11/2022 at 11:30 AM, Omni-Owl said:

It has arrived in Denmark now.

Breakdown:

Toll 28.56 dollars

Import tax 80.84 dollars

Handling fee 18.21 dollars

Tax of handling fee 4.41 dollars

-----

Total: 131 dollars

That's just depressing.

I contacted LTT Support about VAT refunding.

• I sent the request 10 days ago.
  • I got an answer on the 10th day from making my inquiry.
  • They asked for documentation.
  • I sent the documentation.
  • About 16 hours later, I got an email about the refund.

Considering how many emails their support must get, I'm pretty happy with the processing time (within 14 business days).

Good job to the LTT Support team! I got 75 dollar refund on VAT.

• 4 months later...
On 11/7/2022 at 1:24 PM, Rinalds said:

* 63$ for taxes (dunno, what kind of taxes?)

* 30€ for import duty

* 70€ for VAT in Latvia

Why dafuq does this still happen??

If you pay taxes at checkout at lltstore.com that IS the VAT of your country and there is zero fucking reason for them to charge you any VAT on import again!

Next, you not paying anything at import (see next point), would also remove any of these stupid handling fees. If a package enters the EU with taxes paid in full, they don't have to process anything, so zero fucking reason for these outlandish fees.

Concerning duties: I tried explaining this here multiple times already, just to be clear again: Duties and taxes, aka VAT, are _two_ different, distinct things. Duties apply on the type of goods and are often even charged by weight whereas tax is tax.

That being said, there are tons of free-trade treaties in effect between many countries that _usually_ waive duties (not VAT/taxes, which you pay at checkout).

So, TLDR: If you order to a EU country, you have to pay the exact amount shown at checkout and not a single cent more.

Unless there indeed are some applicable duties for bagpacks originating from the US/Canada, maybe someone can clear this up.

I don't know if it is possible in Sweden, but I know in Norway, I can do import taxes for it on the customs website, but you need to intercept the package from postnord/DHL/postal express duty fees, and you have of course to wait a bit extra for the package to be cleared from the customs. After it is cleared from customs, it goes back to the postal service and shipped to you.

Most of us, including my self, just let the postal service handle everything and pay extra, for a bit less hassle, but if I end up buying this backpack, I would deal with the customs my self