Buying A New Activation Key (Windows 8)

Go to solution Solved by Sequence,

As long as the key is for the same version you have installed then yes it will be fine.

But if it were activated before then you should be able to activate it again as long as you are not using the key on multiple pc's 

Hello,

So I've recently upgraded to a larger SSD and since doing so Windows has constantly prompted me to buy a new activation key. I tried contacting support several times and once I got through I was cut off. 

My question is can I buy a brand new Windows package from Amazon to be delivered to me, then simply put in the License key that comes with that to activate my current installation of Windows? 

Or do I have to buy the license key they are promoting for right now? Since buying a new package is cheaper I would prefer to do that.

All help is greatly appreciated!

As long as the key is for the same version you have installed then yes it will be fine.

But if it were activated before then you should be able to activate it again as long as you are not using the key on multiple pc's 

Ahh ok thankyou!