Storage Spaces - Up-size Drives in Mirror'd Pool

artkingjw

Hi all, I need some help with a storage spaces storage pool. 

SATA Drives: Samsung SSD (Boot), DVD-RW, 2 x WD Blue 4TB, 2 x other HDD's

I have two 4TB drives setup in two-way mirror mode via storage spaces, many years ago. The pool is almost full now, and one of the drives is showing some pending sectors, so I snagged two new 8TB drives in a good deal. I intend to replace 2 x 4TB (mirror'd) drives with 2 x 8TB drives, maintaining it in NTFS, and maintaining all data since I have some programs installed in this pool. I'm wondering what the best approach is? I've seen some tutorials on how to do this for drives of the same size, but not for different (larger) new drives, which I expect would create some issues? I also clicked the 'upgrade pool' button, which I understand is some sort of new feature, so I'm not sure if it affects how previous tutorials work. 

I use the DVD-RW drive, and the two other HDD's for work data. Therefore, it would be best to minimize the downtime of these drives if possible. 

The way I see it, one way would be to remove the other two work HDD's - mount the 2 new 8TB drives, and set up a new storage pool on those drives. Then, copy everything from the old pool into the new pool, unmount the old pool and rename the new pool's drive path. Is this sensible? 

Thanks in advance for your feedback.