Bought a Asus Z690 Maximus Hero but saving it for Raptor Lake; Possible to update bios for Raptor Lake Support?

Hello! I made a thread a while back concerning manufacturing defects found on several replacement Z690 Hero motherboards received from Newegg which I eventually got a refund for and bought from B&H Photo. Long story short, B&H photo had "normal" stock of the motherboard that didn't appear defective so I settled with my purchase from them. Anyway, I have decided to forgo my purchase of Alder lake so that I may finally upgrade my 9700k when Raptor Lake comes out, but I had a question. Considering that Raptor Lake will support LGA 1700 CPU socket, making my Z690 Hero compatible with Raptor Lake with a firmware update, how would I be able to update the firmware of my particular Z690 Hero without having to install a Alder Lake CPU in it first just to update the BIOS? Would I simply have to send my motherboard to ASUS to have them update it for me to support Raptor Lake? I appreciate any and all advice! Thanks!

If Intel wants to make Revenue this Year Im sure there will be a Bios Update to accept 13th Gen. 

Marline
Top Loop:
Thermaltake Pacific PR2U Dual 5.25" Bay D5 Pump/Resorvior Combo / EK ZMT Tubing / A mixture of Chrome Plated Brass Rotary Fittings Bit Fenix and Alpha Cool / Alphacool NexXxos 280mm 45mm Thick Copper Pass-through Radiator / Alphacool NexXxos 140mm 45mm Thick Copper Radiator / XSPC G1/4 1/2ID Chrome Compression Fittings / Freeze Mod AM4 CPU Waterblock / 3x Noctua Redux 140mm fans
The Bottom: 
Custom Made 2mm Thick Steel PSU Shroud / Aqua Computer Aqua Tube POM Reservoir / Alphacool Eisdeck 5 w/D5 655 Pump / EK ZMT Tubing / Alphacool 45° Chrome Plated Brass Rotary Fittings / Bitfenix 90° Chrome Plated Brass Rotary Fittings / Alphacool Chrome Plates Brass Pass Through Fittings / Koolance QD3 Quick Disconnects / Bitfenix Full Cover Water Block 2080ti / Alphacool NexXxos 200mm 45mm Thick Copper Radiator / Noctua Chromax 200mm Fan / The fluid I used for both was EK Cryofuel Acid Green
Computer Specs:
Thermaltake F31 Suppressor / Ryzen 9 3950X / 32gb G. Skill 3200mhz RAM / Asus B550-E motherboard / Zotac RTX 2080 ti 11gb / EVGA 1000 GS PSU / Samsung 970 Evo Gen3 NVMe SSD / Western Digital SN850X Gen 4 NVMe SSD / 4x PNY 120 gb SSDs in RAID 0 / 1x Spectre 512gb SSD / 1x Patriot 240gb SSD / 1x 1Tb Western Digital Black 7200RPM HDD / 1x 2Tb Seagate 5400RPM HDD / Windows 10

43 minutes ago, Rivettz said:

If Intel wants to make Revenue this Year Im sure there will be a Bios Update to accept 13th Gen. 

Well, there actually is bios update for the ASUS Z690 Maximus Hero motherboard, but my issue is that I currently have my motherboard in it's retail box and am waiting for Raptor Lake to use it. My question was, how would I be able to update the BIOS to the Raptor Lake supported version without installing the motherboard with an Alder Lake CPU?

56 minutes ago, cladinshadows99 said:

Hello! I made a thread a while back concerning manufacturing defects found on several replacement Z690 Hero motherboards received from Newegg which I eventually got a refund for and bought from B&H Photo. Long story short, B&H photo had "normal" stock of the motherboard that didn't appear defective so I settled with my purchase from them. Anyway, I have decided to forgo my purchase of Alder lake so that I may finally upgrade my 9700k when Raptor Lake comes out, but I had a question. Considering that Raptor Lake will support LGA 1700 CPU socket, making my Z690 Hero compatible with Raptor Lake with a firmware update, how would I be able to update the firmware of my particular Z690 Hero without having to install a Alder Lake CPU in it first just to update the BIOS? Would I simply have to send my motherboard to ASUS to have them update it for me to support Raptor Lake? I appreciate any and all advice! Thanks!

You can update that BIOS without even having a CPU or memory installed.  Never heard of the BIOS Flashback feature?

43 minutes ago, Falkentyne said:

You can update that BIOS without even having a CPU or memory installed.  Never heard of the BIOS Flashback feature?

Never heard of it! Thanks for the reply. So I simply load up a USB flash drive with the BIOS update (in this case ASUS provided a USB drive), plug it in the BIOs USB Port on the IO, then I can turn on motherboard without the CPU installed (with just the motherboard power cable plugged in) and simply press the Flashback button on the IO and it should update the BIOS?

Thats what the manual states. Been that way for over a decade for their good boards.

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz

Why wouldn't you just wait for 700 series

Before you reply to my post, REFRESH. 99.99% chance I edited my post. 

My System: i7-13700KF // Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix // MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wifi // 32GB DDR5 G. SKILL RIPJAWS S5 6000 CL32 // Nvidia RTX 4070 Super FE // Corsair 5000D Airflow // Corsair SP120 RGB Pro x7 // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w //1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Teamgroup MP33/2TB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive // Displays: LG Ultragear 32GP83B x2 // Royal Kludge RK100 // Logitech G Pro X Superlight // Sennheiser DROP PC38x