PCI-E to NGFF M.2 adapter

FriarDuBacon

Long story short; I had to buy a new laptop because my MSI GT80 Titan SLI decided to crap out on me. Not surprising since it's 7 years old. However, my SATA M.2s are still fine and I want to cannibalize them and use them as storage in my Desktop (X570s Ryzen 5 5600x Radeon 6800 XT build). However, I'm having a hard time finding a PCI-E adapter for NGFF drives that can do more than 1 drive at a time. Can anybody make a recommendation to me as to an option I can use? It needn't be the full x16 or x8, I have an x4 slot available and another x16 slot available. I'd prefer to use a direct adapter rather than going the route of a PCIE SATA card and using SATA adapters with these drives. I was thinking this one, https://www.newegg.com/p/2S7-07JP-1NNC8?item=9SIB33YHXS3236&nm_mc=knc-googleadwords&cm_mmc=knc-googleadwords-_-gadgets-_-graviton-_-9SIB33YHXS3236&source=region but it says it's designed for mining, has no certification and is a Chinese origin unit. It has no reviews and I don't think I'd want to trust it. 

Thanks

Lots of options out there. I don't vouch for this specifically (haven't used it), but something like this will work for you.

https://www.amazon.com/Adapter-advanced-solution-Controller-Expansion/dp/B07JKH5VTL

Primary Gaming Rig:

Ryzen 5 5600 CPU, Gigabyte B450 I AORUS PRO WIFI mITX motherboard, PNY XLR8 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 RAM, Mushkin PILOT 500GB SSD (boot), Corsair Force 3 480GB SSD (games), XFX RX 5700 8GB GPU, Fractal Design Node 202 HTPC Case, Corsair SF 450 W 80+ Gold SFX PSU, Windows 11 Pro, Dell S2719DGF 27.0" 2560x1440 155 Hz Monitor, Corsair K68 RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard (MX Brown), Logitech G900 CHAOS SPECTRUM Wireless Mouse, Logitech G533 Headset

HTPC/Gaming Rig:

Ryzen 7 3700X CPU, ASRock B450M Pro4 mATX Motherboard, ADATA XPG GAMMIX D20 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 RAM, Mushkin PILOT 1TB SSD (boot), 2x Seagate BarraCuda 1 TB 3.5" HDD (data), Seagate BarraCuda 4 TB 3.5" HDD (DVR), PowerColor RX VEGA 56 8GB GPU, Fractal Design Node 804 mATX Case, Cooler Master MasterWatt 550 W 80+ Bronze Semi-modular ATX PSU, Silverstone SST-SOB02 Blu-Ray Writer, Windows 11 Pro, Logitech K400 Plus Keyboard, Corsair K63 Lapboard Combo (MX Red w/Blue LED), Logitech G603 Wireless Mouse, Kingston HyperX Cloud Stinger Headset, HAUPPAUGE WinTV-quadHD TV Tuner, Samsung 65RU9000 TV

I've looked at that one but it only has two slots, I'd prefer a minimum of 3 or 4. I have four M.2 NGFF ssds to fit into my desktop. The dual ones seem like they're okay, but their reviews are mixed. I'm sort of stuck in all honesty as I've been looking for ages. All of the quad slot adapters appear to be either for mining without certification and lack the necessary controllers, or they're x16 nvme only.

9 minutes ago, FriarDuBacon said:

What weird thing to do demanding a PCIe x16 slot when it seemingly only uses PCIe x2 lanes, if I'm reading that right (its not at all clear).

But honestly I'd trust the motherboards SATA controller(s) over JMicron any day (no particular reason, just its an unknown compared to AMDs own solution), do you not have enough ports?

Router:  Intel N100 (pfSense) + GL.iNet GL-X3000/ Spitz AX WiFi6: Zyxel NWA210AX (1.7Gbit peak at 160Mhz)
WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)
Upgrading Laptop/Desktop CNVIo WiFi 5 cards to PCIe WiFi6e/7

Well the problem is, none of the M.2 ports on my motherboard support NGFF only NVME, and if I populate all four of my M.2 slots, all but two SATA ports are disabled. I could add these M.2 drives to a SATA drive adapter, but I don't have expressly the space for two 2.5" drives as they're already populated with four SATA drives (not ports but actual physical spots to fit the drives). It's sort of an odd catch 22 I'm in with these drives. I'd trust the board controller as well over a third party unit, but to utilize my extra SATA M.2 drives I'm thinking a PCI-E controller might be the better route.