(Original!) Star Trek Fans out here?

David89

I am wondering, are there any "original" Star Trek Fans out here, who grew up with watching TOS, TNG, DS9, VOY or even ENT?

I was watching J.J.'s Crappy Star Trek: Into Darkness yesterday and i'm wondering: Am i just getting old and sentimental? Am i this unflexible to the accept that it's just a new timeline?

To be honest, if it wouldn't be carrying the name "Star Trek" i probably wouldn't even complain, because it's a nice "Popcorn-Movie" (Shut the brain off and just enjoy you're self). Nice effects (although too much Lens Flair for my taste) and all the other stuff....

The Story is a catastrophe IMHO, a very poor rip-off of the The Wrath of Khan and so on (i won't go into details).

I also won't go into Details why i think it's not a nice Star Trek movie, because everyone has other preferences. Anyway...are there people here, who think the same, or am i just being very closed-minded?^^

Good news everyone...!

I grew up watching DS9, TNG and VOY. All repeats of course considering my age. But i loved them.

And i agree that the new timeline is 'meh' 

Spoiler
Spoiler

"You know I was taught that if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. You feeling me cocksucker?"

Spoiler

"Ethernet is internet juice. You have to press the internet really hard and you will get it."

Spoiler

"My quantum milk machine brings every boy to all the yards." non futuis et sursum

PC Specs! | I7-950 | 24GB RAM | 10TB Storage | GTX 970 Strix and a 560TI DCUII for Physx | 120GB 840 + 250GB 850 EVO | Asus xonar DGX

Please take a moment to look over the forum CoC here.

Im a big fan of VOY and also a little TNG 

Im a big fan of VOY and also a little TNG 

Spoiler
Spoiler

"You know I was taught that if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. You feeling me cocksucker?"

Spoiler

"Ethernet is internet juice. You have to press the internet really hard and you will get it."

Spoiler

"My quantum milk machine brings every boy to all the yards." non futuis et sursum

PC Specs! | I7-950 | 24GB RAM | 10TB Storage | GTX 970 Strix and a 560TI DCUII for Physx | 120GB 840 + 250GB 850 EVO | Asus xonar DGX

Lol well my day has been made thank you good sir! *internet cookie* 

That is one of the BEST scenes in VOY :D I absolutly love and adore Robert Picardo, he is one of the very best!

Good news everyone...!

That is one of the BEST scenes in VOY :D I absolutly love and adore Robert Picardo, he is one of the very best!

I really haven't met anyone who doesn't love Piccardo, he's simply genius.

Spoiler
Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

I grew up with the old Star Trek, but I like JJA-Trek too. Yes, the plots are terrible and the humor is made for 3-year olds, but it's still fun. And to be honest, these aren't exactly the first Star Trek movies/episodes with an incredibly stupid plot.

to know the face of Dodge is to know madness

Take a look at what I’ve been watching…

I've seen pretty much all Star Trek, though I don't like TOS at all (characters are bonkers) and I don't like Enterprise (Scott Bakula has the personality of a spatula and the pre-federation plot is boooooooooooooring)

1. Deep Space Nine

2. TNG

3. Voyager

I don't necessarily hugely enjoy the new timeline movies, but they are better than TOS IMO.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.