Can I use a Raspberry Pi for this?

HaleStab

Alright for the past week I have been searching for something to be able to use as a Soundboard for the Quest 2. I got an idea that if a buy a raspberry pi install windows and put Soundpad on it https://leppsoft.com/soundpad/en/. I think I would be able to plug the raspberry pi into the quest 2 and headset into the pi maybe or use something like a y splitter. any ideas on this (also if you know just a straight up external soundboard that would also work)

2 minutes ago, HaleStab said:

raspberry pi install windows

The Raspberry Pi can't run any x86 versions of Windows.

At today's inflated prices, you're better off getting a used Sandy Bridge or newer laptop to run it on anyway.

I sold my soul for ProSupport.

1 minute ago, Needfuldoer said:

The Raspberry Pi can't run any x86 versions of Windows.

At today's inflated prices, you're better off getting a used Sandy Bridge or newer laptop to run it on anyway.

I dont fully understand. Soundpad has a 64bit version.

Just now, HaleStab said:

I dont fully understand. Soundpad has a 64bit version.

The Raspberry Pi isn't the same architecture as a full PC. It's an ARM based single board computer. It can't run the regular x86 / x64 desktop versions of Windows. At best it can run Windows for IoT Devices (which isn't a full desktop OS) or the insider build of Windows 11 for ARM (which can only run x86 / x64 programs through emulation at a snail's pace). It would be fiddly to set up and not guaranteed to work even if someone who knows exactly what they're doing sets it up.

Get a cheap old laptop or NUC to run it on instead.

I sold my soul for ProSupport.

2 minutes ago, Needfuldoer said:

The Raspberry Pi isn't the same architecture as a full PC. It's an ARM based single board computer. It can't run the regular x86 / x64 desktop versions of Windows. At best it can run Windows for IoT Devices (which isn't a full desktop OS) or the insider build of Windows 11 for ARM (which can only run x86 / x64 programs through emulation at a snail's pace). It would be fiddly to set up and not guaranteed to work even if someone who knows exactly what they're doing sets it up.

Get a cheap old laptop or NUC to run it on instead.

Right. Thanks. Ill look into a nuc.

22 minutes ago, HaleStab said:

Right. Thanks. Ill look into a nuc.

look if you can find one of the low power asrock boards locally, they're roughly the same architecture as the base model NUC's, but take MUCH more liberty with the power targets.

https://www.asrock.com/mb/index.asp#Intel CPU