New built Pc is non-responsive (no cpu is installed yet)

Frannx
Go to solution Solved by Spotty,

It's pointless trying to troubleshoot a system without a CPU. Install CPU and then return if you still have issues.

So I have recently built my pc apart from the cpu which is arriving soon. (First build)

My specs:

cpu - Ryzen 5 3600

gpu - EVGA Rtx 2060 (single fan)

mobo - B450M DS3H

Ram - Patriot 16gb 2x8 

memory - Crucial 1tb nvme m.2 ssd

psu - Corsair CX750F RGB

I have everything plugged in apart from the cpu and all the wires are connected properly and in the right area but there’s no response I know it won’t post but it won’t even turn a fan on. If anyone knows what the issue could be I’d appreciate the help. P.s I originally thought it could be the psu but I’m also confused in if it is since it’s brand new.

It's pointless trying to troubleshoot a system without a CPU. Install CPU and then return if you still have issues.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

Okay thanks I was a bit worried I’ll install the cpu when it comes then I’ll come back if I have any issues

5 hours ago, Mel0n. said:

You need the CPU in there, else it won't do anything

It should, at the very least, power on components like fans or spinning disks even without the CPU installed and then throw a beep code/error code or do nothing further, no response whatsoever is kinda odd. Frannx even said in the original post that no POST is expected, but at least some sign of life, which is a fair assumption

2 hours ago, resneptacle said:

It should, at the very least, power on components like fans or spinning disks even without the CPU installed and then throw a beep code/error code or do nothing further, no response whatsoever is kinda odd. Frannx even said in the original post that no POST is expected, but at least some sign of life, which is a fair assumption

I have never seen a motherboard do ANYTHING sans CPU, that's the first thing it checks before it spins fans or anything. If fans are on the motherboard. If they're on Molex they would spin