PC CHECK

alexfer84
Go to solution Solved by L.E.D,
1 minute ago, alexfer84 said:

this video explains both options one idk and the other is downloading it onto the usb drive would that work cause then i can do that rn since i have spare usb laying around

USB method would be preferred for you then

this is like my third or fourth time doing this but can someone check my build out and give me some suggestions I think this is the last time I'm gonna do this then I will buy the parts unless i get suggestions to change the parts

Link: https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/g69Gd9

I understand I have no case fans i cant decide which case fans to get. I want RGB but also want them to be good while having a good budget, if that's a hard find I'm fine with the budget going high as long as it not crazy like one fan for $100

PCPartPicker is wrong it is compatible its on the motherboard list thing

I don't have too much to say on this post just maybe some tips suggestions

One thing i will not change is the case

4 minutes ago, alexfer84 said:

this is like my third or fourth time doing this but can someone check my build out and give me some suggestions I think this is the last time I'm gonna do this then I will buy the parts unless i get suggestions to change the parts

Link: https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/g69Gd9

I understand I have no case fans i cant decide which case fans to get. I want RGB but also want them to be good while having a good budget, if that's a hard find I'm fine with the budget going high as long as it not crazy like one fan for $100

PCPartPicker is wrong it is compatible its on the motherboard list thing

I don't have too much to say on this post just maybe some tips suggestions

One thing i will not change is the case

It is a balanced build for sure, going stock cooler for the cpu? The message is there from PC part picker as a warning in regards to the motherboard possibly shipping with a old bios version that does not support that CPU. So if that occurs when you receive the motherboard you will need to first update the bios. 

EDIT: PSU might be a bit much unless you're planning for future proofing. Given TDPs a 500 watt would suffice if you're going for every penny saved.

There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Just some helpful stuff: You're - You are, Your - Your car, They're - They are, Their - Their car, There - Over there.

Folding @ Home Install Guide and Links | My Build

9 minutes ago, L.E.D said:

It is a balanced build for sure, going stock cooler for the cpu? The message is there from PC part picker as a warning in regards to the motherboard possibly shipping with a old bios version that does not support that CPU. So if that occurs when you receive the motherboard you will need to first update the bios. 

EDIT: PSU might be a bit much unless you're planning for future proofing. Given TDPs a 500 watt would suffice if you're going for every penny saved.

sorry about the bios but I don't understand will it  be a problem or can it easily just update it? also for the psu i want to upgrade my parts down the road and I would save money with having one for a while rather then getting a new one every time

1 minute ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/WTnLbK

¯\_ (ツ) _/¯ 

If you want more vram there are 6800xt going slightly cheaper than the 3080 i picked

Whats vram do i hear about it but never took the time to truly learn about it

Just now, alexfer84 said:

Whats vram do i hear about it but never took the time to truly learn about it

Basically the more you have the higher quality settings you can run, but that also depends on how powerful the gpu core is, pretty useless having that much vram when the gpu core is too weak to keep up with the vram, the 6800xt is comparable to the 3080 so depends if you also have productivity needs or games more optimized towards nvidia

2 minutes ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

Basically the more you have the higher quality settings you can run, but that also depends on how powerful the gpu core is, pretty useless having that much vram when the gpu core is too weak to keep up with the vram, the 6800xt is comparable to the 3080 so depends if you also have productivity needs or games more optimized towards nvidia

wait so should I switch my gpu or not cause mine seems fine and I don't have the money to buy the $800 gpu

I don't even have enough money to build the computer i have $300 i make $20 a week from allowance,

5950x 1.33v 5.05 4.5 88C 195w ll R20 12k ll drp4 ll x570 dark hero ll gskill 4x8gb 3666 14-14-14-32-320-24-2T (zen trfc)  1.45v 45C 1.15v soc ll 6950xt gaming x trio 325w 60C ll samsung 970 500gb nvme os ll sandisk 4tb ssd ll 6x nf12/14 ippc fans ll tt gt10 case ll evga g2 1300w ll w10 pro ll 34GN850B ll AW3423DW

9900k 1.36v 5.1avx 4.9ring 85C 195w (daily) 1.02v 4.3ghz 80w 50C R20 temps score=5500 ll D15 ll Z390 taichi ult 1.60 bios ll gskill 4x8gb 14-14-14-30-280-20 ddr3666bdie 1.45v 45C 1.22sa/1.18 io  ll EVGA 30 non90 tie ftw3 1920//10000 0.85v 300w 71C ll  6x nf14 ippc 2000rpm ll 500gb nvme 970 evo ll l sandisk 4tb sata ssd +4tb exssd backup ll 2x 500gb samsung 970 evo raid 0 llCorsair graphite 780T ll EVGA P2 1200w ll w10p ll NEC PA241w ll pa32ucg-k

prebuilt 5800 stock ll 2x8gb ddr4 cl17 3466 ll oem 3080 0.85v 1890//10000 290w 74C ll 27gl850b ll pa272w ll w11

36 minutes ago, alexfer84 said:

sorry about the bios but I don't understand will it  be a problem or can it easily just update it? also for the psu i want to upgrade my parts down the road and I would save money with having one for a while rather then getting a new one every time

If the board is not sold with the latest bios your cpu MAY not be compatible, if it were not to post you would need access to another computer to download the new version of the bios and update the motherboard. 

EDIT

See page 32 for updates

https://download.msi.com/archive/mnu_exe/mb/MAGB550TOMAHAWK.pdf

There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Just some helpful stuff: You're - You are, Your - Your car, They're - They are, Their - Their car, There - Over there.

2 minutes ago, L.E.D said:

If the board is not sold with the latest bios your cpu MAY not be compatible, if it were not to post you would need access to another computer to download the new version of the bios and update the motherboard. 

this video explains both options one idk and the other is downloading it onto the usb drive would that work cause then i can do that rn since i have spare usb laying around

USB method would be preferred for you then

GREAT!

Please be sure you read and follow page 32 of your motherboard documentation. 

Cheers! 

11 minutes ago, L.E.D said:

EDIT

See page 32 for updates

https://download.msi.com/archive/mnu_exe/mb/MAGB550TOMAHAWK.pdf

whats this for

2 minutes ago, alexfer84 said:

whats this for

It explains the bios update process for your motherboard, a generic tutorial might not cover the specifics required for your board.

12 minutes ago, L.E.D said:

It explains the bios update process for your motherboard, a generic tutorial might not cover the specifics required for your board.

I will not let me rename my file to MSI.ROM 

it still says 270 file

image.thumb.png.638edd9874350e52cfccc72ad04bf1de.png

I will not let me rename my file to MSI.ROM 

it still says 270 file

image.thumb.png.638edd9874350e52cfccc72ad04bf1de.png

You may need to change the file type to all when saving the file

1 minute ago, L.E.D said:

You may need to change the file type to all when saving the file

how?

how?

in your picture you can see the file type is not a .txt it is just how windows interprets it. You should be good to go with that file.

in your picture you can see the file type is not a .txt it is just how windows interprets it. You should be good to go with that file.

So i wont need to change it to MSI.ROM i can just keep it as E7D41IMS? or do i have to change it to MSI.ROM or a .txt

Just now, alexfer84 said:

So i wont need to change it to MSI.ROM i can just keep it as E7D41IMS? or do i have to change it to MSI.ROM or a .txt

You'll need to rename it because the board is looking for a specific name for the file. Keep in mind if you downloaded the file in a zip folder you'll need to extract it first before renaming can happen. 

You'll need to rename it because the board is looking for a specific name for the file. Keep in mind if you downloaded the file in a zip folder you'll need to extract it first before renaming can happen. 

i did extract it but it set the file type to .ROM

2 minutes ago, L.E.D said:

fixed it forgot to let show file extension turned on in view 

4 minutes ago, L.E.D said:

If i connect the usb thing and flahs bios stuff will it work building my pc normally like being able to update the bios with  the intel chip in?