Jump to content

Building a new gaming pc trying to find comparable CPU's

Budget (including currency): $600-$700

Country: United states

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Primarily gaming, cyberpunk 2077, mil-sim games and racing sim games like assetto corsa.

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

I'm looking to upgrade from my i7 6700k since I recently got an RTX 3080 and it seems to be bottlenecking  in some games with the 6700k. I was looking at going with a ryzen 7 58003D or a ryzen 9 5900X but I was wondering what would be on the same playing field performance wise from intel. Thanks in advance for the help.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Most equivalent  thing to a 5900x would be a 12700f. Though if you just plan to game a 12400f/5600 is fine as well

 

With am5 coming soon though, you might be able to find am4 cpus for cheaper then they are currently 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Ryuikko said:

Most equivalent  thing to a 5900x would be a 12700f. Though if you just plan to game a 12400f/5600 is fine as well

 

With am5 coming soon though, you might be able to find am4 cpus for cheaper then they are currently 

Thanks for the reply. and that was is what I'm hoping to do once AM5 gets closer. This might be a stupid question but is that 12700f overclockable? I've been out of the game for awhile and trying to get up to speed on all the new tech.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Tech_guy124 said:

12700f overclockable

No, for modern Intel CPUs, only CPUs with K in its model is overclockable. 

Chicago Bears fan, Bear Down

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, SlashedM said:

No, for modern Intel CPUs, only CPUs with K in its model is overclockable. 

ok so that hasn't changed, that's good to know.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Tech_guy124 said:

Thanks for the reply. and that was is what I'm hoping to do once AM5 gets closer. This might be a stupid question but is that 12700f overclockable? I've been out of the game for awhile and trying to get up to speed on all the new tech.

Technically. it your b660 has an external clock generator, you can oc your "locked cpu" like with what Asus has on their b660-g and f boards, but that usually not practical for most people, and at that point you might as well go with a z690 for its more robust power delivery, but they usually are cheaper

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share


×