Strange new process on task manager: MpCopyAccelerator.exe Microsoft Malware Protection Copy Accelerator Utility - is this Virus/malware? Or Legit?

Recently found a new process running in task manager. I can't find any solid information on it online, save for a few lesser known webpage mentions. It has elements that seem legit but I did just have issues with a trojan detection and fix issue. I've since done a fresh install of windows so it should have resolved but now I found this new process that seems like its trying too hard to look like a legitimate Windows process, while signed supposedly by MS I can't find much about it and I've never seen it before on any of my other pcs. Now the system is up to date and I've done full & offline windows defender scans, no alert or issues but if defender is compromised then that means little. 

Other details about this process I see on my pc:

low resource usage at least while I'm using the pc. 

location:  C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Platform\4.18.2205.7-0

size: 166 KB (170,744 bytes)

Microsoft Windows Publisher

sha256

‎June ‎20, ‎2022 12:02:17 AM

Any information or usable advice would be appreciated.

Thanks.

• 1 month later...

I have an app that, takes like 30 seconds to start, and I see this component do a ton of reading and writing in the task manager before my app actually starts. The app folder is about 4GB in size, and looking at Resource Monitor, it is duplicating the entire folder to the my user's roaming folder, like a sandbox, not sure. I have a DRAM-less SATA SSD, and it quickly fills the cache and the entire system grinds to a halt for about 20 seconds. If you have a NVMe SSD you won't probably notice. Is there a way to log a process activity over time?

Sounds like a perfectly safe background process that is working as intended. I'd be more concerned about a program taking up 10x its normal amount of reasources I'd not sweat the little stuff that probably is taking up like a 1 MB or as little as a KB probably not not a concern. I'd be more worried if something is unexpectadly hogging several GB's of Ram without a process that is user intiated. 

I love PC building and gaming. 
REMEMBER botttlenecks can happen at all points of a PC part. Make sure you are at equilibrium. For all parts unless you intend to upgrade at a later point. Also QA Tested AAA Games.