Computer not posting

Cool_Beans_Yo

Hello everyone, I am building a pc right now and I am having trouble getting it to post.

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800x

GPU: RTX 3070

MOBO: ROG STRIX B550-I gaming

RAM: Viper Steel DDR4 2X32GB 3600MHZ

Storage: Sabrent Rocket NVME 4.0 M.2 2TB

Power Supply: Corsair SF750

I built it outside of the case to make sure everything is working properly and its not posting. I have swapped out the GPU with one I had in another computer and it didn't do anything. I got the most up to date bios on a flashdrive and did the flashback process, which didn't do anything. After that I bought the same motherboard again to see if the motherboard was bricked and swapped the parts to it but still nothing. So I returned the second motherboard. I tried running it with only one stick of ram in and that also didn't do anything. I checked the CPU to see if there was a bent pin but as far as I could tell the CPU looked fine. I know the power supply is working because of the lights on the motherboard turn on. Does anyone have any ideas because I am really grasping at straws. 

IMG_3156.jpeg

IMG_3149.jpeg

IMG_3150.jpeg

IMG_3151.jpeg

IMG_3152.jpeg

IMG_3153.jpeg

IMG_3154.jpeg

Did you put a heat sink on ?
That chip is going to to from 0 to 100 without the mass of a heat sink and you'll never post.

Spoiler

CPU Ryzen 5900X - Motherboard Asus ROG STRIX X570-E - RAM 16GB of G.SKILL NEON 3600 -
GPU EVGA RTX 3080 XC3 - Case Mastercase H500p mesh - PSU Seasonic Focus Gx-850 -
Corsair MP600 NVME 1 Tb, Samsung 960 PRO 500 Gb & 2 Seagate Baracuda 7200 RPM 2TB in stripe -
Display two VG27AQ 2K monitor - Cooling Corsair H150 Pro - 

Keyboard G-910 W/ Romer G tactile - Mouse G 502 Hero (wired) -
Sound Logitech X-530 and Razer Tiamat headphones

Operating System Windows 10

I just wanted to see if it give me a post, so I was going to turn it off after that sue to it being a bulky AIO. I feel the CPU with my finger after I hit the switch and it never warms up. Is it possible there is a firmware on the motherboard that prevents it from powering on without a cooler.

I might be misremembering but aren't there some mobos that won't post without a fan plugged into the cpu_fan header?

I plugged a fan into the CPU fan header. It still didn't post and the fan didn't start up. I am starting to thing that I have a dead CPU.

39 minutes ago, Cool_Beans_Yo said:

I just wanted to see if it give me a post, so I was going to turn it off after that sue to it being a bulky AIO. I feel the CPU with my finger after I hit the switch and it never warms up. Is it possible there is a firmware on the motherboard that prevents it from powering on without a cooler.

Nope, it would post.
Do you get any beeping? any light on the Mobo. It's seems to be an ROG. in that case you should have indicators during the post attempt.

Spoiler

CPU Ryzen 5900X - Motherboard Asus ROG STRIX X570-E - RAM 16GB of G.SKILL NEON 3600 -
GPU EVGA RTX 3080 XC3 - Case Mastercase H500p mesh - PSU Seasonic Focus Gx-850 -
Corsair MP600 NVME 1 Tb, Samsung 960 PRO 500 Gb & 2 Seagate Baracuda 7200 RPM 2TB in stripe -
Display two VG27AQ 2K monitor - Cooling Corsair H150 Pro - 

Keyboard G-910 W/ Romer G tactile - Mouse G 502 Hero (wired) -
Sound Logitech X-530 and Razer Tiamat headphones

Operating System Windows 10

Do you have some spare ram you could borrow? Also try booting with less RAM

Do yourself a favor and don't keep testing the system with no CPU cooler. I know it's annoying to move a bulky cooler around but it's a lot more practical.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad