Motherboard compatibility

iGPR3
Go to solution Solved by Kon-Tiki,

Four screws appear to be alright for this setup. However, you do have more screw holes in your motherboard in the edges as well as some close to your CPU cooler. Installing it in another case would for this reason appear not to be a problem to me 🙂

hey there. i have pictures of my board and PSU here, im wondering if they would work in a new case without having to buy another motherboard or PSU. (to clarify, my pc is an Aldi MEDION pre-built pc) i couldnt really get to it without pulling out every other component in the way but hopefully these images are clear enough.. the PSU has standard connections (4 pin and the 24 pin) that should work on another board, is there anything else that i need to check?

ive already checked for screw locations and im not sure if it will be compatible with another case, they seem as though they line up with images ive found but i cant tell. ive highlighted the screws i found in red and some of them are behind other components like the gpu. these are the only screws ive found and there arent any holes for more.

ADE733AB-D6BE-4A4D-AC12-4B14D6E44643.thumb.jpeg.ec7ba68ac798cf83467c821019595b7d.jpeg

4538CFE1-9172-4964-98FD-414C392D6092.thumb.jpeg.69f3e117439f256bf1b63e90a2ff0b23.jpeg

0DDC923B-A762-4B10-A0CD-0DAD395BBCC6.thumb.jpeg.f7c1cdbfdf75f8d457329bfb1f247b54.jpeg

B84DFF9D-6668-47C0-A8A6-14659A488C77.thumb.jpeg.4ae8c6fba3c984067e468d0cd87903fc.jpeg

image.jpg

if i am correct your mobo is a micro atx but just to clarify would you be able to check it it should be stamped on the mobo somewhere thanks

14 minutes ago, Comedy2Gamer_official said:

if i am correct your mobo is a micro atx but just to clarify would you be able to check it it should be stamped on the mobo somewhere thanks

yeah it is micro atx im pretty sure, its 23cm by 23cm ish

In this case you're good to go. Micro ATX is a standardized form factor which will work in any case that supports it. It's hard to say anything about the PSU since it's not clearly shown on the images. However, I would assume that Aldi went with off the shelf components in a standard form factor. You may want to check screw locations and measure distances as well as the size of the PSU just to double check.

1 minute ago, Kon-Tiki said:

In this case you're good to go. Micro ATX is a standardized form factor which will work in any case that supports it. It's hard to say anything about the PSU since it's not clearly shown on the images. However, I would assume that Aldi went with off the shelf components in a standard form factor. You may want to check screw locations and measure distances as well as the size of the PSU just to double check.

great! is it normal for a micro atx board to only have 4 screws? from what i can see online they dont seem to line up with board diagrams..

Four screws appear to be alright for this setup. However, you do have more screw holes in your motherboard in the edges as well as some close to your CPU cooler. Installing it in another case would for this reason appear not to be a problem to me 🙂

7 minutes ago, Kon-Tiki said:

Fantastic! I wasnt very sure about it, thanks!

You're welcome, I'm glad I could help 🙂 Have fun with with the new case!

9 minutes ago, Kon-Tiki said:

You're welcome, I'm glad I could help 🙂 Have fun with with the new case!

oh and i forgot to ask, would you recommend saving up for a case like the Corsair 5000X or buy the Lian Li Lancool II mesh as its cheap and good airflow for the price? im leaning more towards Lian Li as their SL120 fans are pretty good and will work with the case’s RGB hub in the back. what do you think?

Both cases are good, however I would also go with the Lian Li one. Of course it also comes down to your preference of design and Corsair's RGB solutions are very good as well from what I hear (even though I don't use them myself). What for me makes the decision easy in favour of the Lian Li is the price difference of 100+ € between the two and that I like both designs equally 😛

1 hour ago, Kon-Tiki said:

Both cases are good, however I would also go with the Lian Li one. Of course it also comes down to your preference of design and Corsair's RGB solutions are very good as well from what I hear (even though I don't use them myself). What for me makes the decision easy in favour of the Lian Li is the price difference of 100+ € between the two and that I like both designs equally 😛

thanks for the help man, youre a life saver! take care 🙂