is there real risk that a chinese battery explodes?

MS-DOS

I was looking for some original battery replacement for an asus n53sv but since I can't find it I went to Amazon and there's chinese alternatives like "Ninjabatt" and others. On the manual it says to use only original batteries, but I can't find the a32-n61 battery original model.
Im just now wondering if there is a real risk of explosion or something insane ot happen? im going to be paranoid it explodes.

In here they say it has certifications which should have at least some guarantees it is a decent product?

https://www.amazon.es/gp/product/B01AS33CQM/ref=ewc_pr_img_1?smid=A31GE0Z9CY4YIS&psc=1

71H0I-kFHbL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

In my experience, the problem with cheapo overseas batteries is that they:

1. Arrive DOA
  2. Arrive missing most of their capacity
  3. Arrive missing most of their capacity with firmware in place that makes it look like they're in perfect shape
  4. Go from holding a respectable charge to having a five-minute lifespan within a matter of months
  5. Turn into a spicy pillow

Pick one or more of the above. It's safe to assume that proper protections either aren't in place or are much weaker than they would be in an OEM part, so fire is maybe a higher risk than in an OEM battery, but I've never had one actually combust on me.

I enjoy buying junk and sinking more money than it's worth into it to make it less junk.

You are more likely to get a potato of a battery than for it to explode. 

On the topic of exploding batteries: may I direct your attention to LG ES with the Note 7, Chevy Bolt, Hyundai Kona, iD.4, and Chrysler Pacifica hybrid.

11 minutes ago, aisle9 said:

In my experience, the problem with cheapo overseas batteries is that they:

1. Arrive DOA
  2. Arrive missing most of their capacity
  3. Arrive missing most of their capacity with firmware in place that makes it look like they're in perfect shape
  4. Go from holding a respectable charge to having a five-minute lifespan within a matter of months
  5. Turn into a spicy pillow

Pick one or more of the above. It's safe to assume that proper protections either aren't in place or are much weaker than they would be in an OEM part, so fire is maybe a higher risk than in an OEM battery, but I've never had one actually combust on me.

Well thing is I cannot find the original so it's either chinese or no battery.

6 minutes ago, BiotechBen said:

You are more likely to get a potato of a battery than for it to explode. 

On the topic of exploding batteries: may I direct your attention to LG ES with the Note 7, Chevy Bolt, Hyundai Kona, iD.4, and Chrysler Pacifica hybrid.

Are ther are any tips to follow to make the battery life last longer? like not plugin it into the charger unless you need it? or something like that.

Also, in case of explosion, what type of explosion would it be? it's a 4400mah battery.

3 minutes ago, MS-DOS said:

Well theres also building your own battery but thats pretty sketchy unless you are experienced in electronics

23 minutes ago, MS-DOS said:

I've bought plenty of cheapo overseas batteries. For the most part, they don't hold as long of a charge and flatline faster than OEM parts, but most of the ones I've had are at least serviceable for several months to a year. I have one in a ThinkPad X61 that holds over a one-hour charge close to five years after buying it, so no huge complaints there. You're far more likely to have a dud than you are to get a bomb, and eBay's return policy within the first 30 days is pretty bulletproof.

I enjoy buying junk and sinking more money than it's worth into it to make it less junk.

25 minutes ago, MS-DOS said:

Are ther are any tips to follow to make the battery life last longer? like not plugin it into the charger unless you need it? or something like that.

Also, in case of explosion, what type of explosion would it be? it's a 4400mah battery.

Keep in mind the 20-80 rule, above 20, below 80, don't always have it on a charger unless it's a high power laptop (they have ICs that can bypass the battery to run on wall power).

On the topic of lithium battery explosion, think backyard fireworks. 

Not sure how quality has changed, but the replacement battery I got for a previous laptop when the charge sensor plate went kaput was from TSKYBEAR and I had no complaints, worked just like new.

Note: that was 2019, might be a trash brand now.