Need a PSU recommendation

Bombolz

I need a new PSU since my previous one died and had a few in mind. I'm a novice so I'm asking for advice. 

My first question would be if 850W is enough for the system.

I'm currently running a RTX3080 GPU and have plans to upgrade to the newest generation of AMD/Intel Cpus (around the 13600k or 13700k range). So I was wondering if a 850W is a safe threshold to support these components reliably under load.

My second question would be what sort of things I should look out for in a PSU. I prefer fully modular and at least 80+ gold efficiency or better and would like Japanese capacitors over Chinese ones. Noise isn't a huge issue provided it's not super loud, obviously the quieter the better though. I don't have a specific budget but I would like to not spend premium unless necessary. 

With that in mind the PSUs I am currently considering are:

1. be quiet! Straight Power 11 850W 80+ Gold Modular Power Supply

2. Cooler Master V850 Gold-V2 850W 80+ Gold Fully Modular Power Supply

3. Corsair RM850x Gold Modular 850W Power Supply V2

4. EVGA SuperNOVA GA Series 850W 80+ Gold Fully Modular Power Supply

Would appreciate any recommendations or advice. 

11 minutes ago, Bombolz said:

I need a new PSU since my previous one died and had a few in mind. I'm a novice so I'm asking for advice. 

My first question would be if 850W is enough for the system.

I'm currently running a RTX3080 GPU and have plans to upgrade to the newest generation of AMD/Intel Cpus (around the 13600k or 13700k range). So I was wondering if a 850W is a safe threshold to support these components reliably under load.

My second question would be what sort of things I should look out for in a PSU. I prefer fully modular and at least 80+ gold efficiency or better and would like Japanese capacitors over Chinese ones. Noise isn't a huge issue provided it's not super loud, obviously the quieter the better though. I don't have a specific budget but I would like to not spend premium unless necessary. 

With that in mind the PSUs I am currently considering are:

1. be quiet! Straight Power 11 850W 80+ Gold Modular Power Supply

2. Cooler Master V850 Gold-V2 850W 80+ Gold Fully Modular Power Supply

3. Corsair RM850x Gold Modular 850W Power Supply V2

4. EVGA SuperNOVA GA Series 850W 80+ Gold Fully Modular Power Supply

Would appreciate any recommendations or advice. 

Honestly, with current state of next gen GPUs and CPUs having high TDP, I would spring for a lot higher capacity PSUs. 

Maybe at least 1000w ones. 

Check this one for the tier list. 

https://cultists.network/140/psu-tier-list/

Not an expert, just bored at work. Please quote me or mention me if you would like me to see your reply. **may edit my posts a few times after posting**

CPU: Intel i5-12400

GPU: Asus TUF RX 6800 XT OC

Mobo: Asus Prime B660M-A D4 WIFI MSI PRO B760M-A WIFI DDR4

RAM: Team Delta TUF Alliance 2x8GB DDR4 3200MHz CL16

SSD: Team MP33 1TB

PSU: MSI MPG A850GF

Case: Phanteks Eclipse P360A

Cooler: ID-Cooling SE-234 ARGB

Pcpartpicker: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/wnxDfv
Displays: Samsung Odyssey G5 S32AG50 32" 1440p 165hz | AOC 27G2E 27" 1080p 144hz

Laptop: ROG Strix Scar III G531GU Intel i5-9300H GTX 1660Ti Mobile| OS: Windows 10 Home

27 minutes ago, Dukesilver27- said:

Honestly, with current state of next gen GPUs and CPUs having high TDP, I would spring for a lot higher capacity PSUs. 

Maybe at least 1000w ones. 

Check this one for the tier list. 

https://cultists.network/140/psu-tier-list/

Thank you for your advice but I'm only planning on upgrading the CPU and not the GPU.

I'd just get a super flower leadex III and call it a day, should be cheaper than all of those options too. 850 is enough for a 3080 and should be fine for a newer gen cpu too 

Not having Japanese capacitors isn't the end of the world, there are great psus that don't have Japanese ones

The phanteks Amp is a fine option as well since it's pretty quiet under load

Personally, I'd go with the Corsair, just because I've used them for years and they've all been extremely reliable. I have a RM1000x with a 3080 and Ryzen 5800x and I'm quite happy with it, I'm sure the 850w would work just as well. 

14 minutes ago, Bombolz said:

Thank you for your advice but I'm only planning on the CPU and not the GPU.

PSUs last a long time, you might upgrade the GPU later too but the PSU could make it to your next upgrade. 

If not, in general it is better to go with higher capacity ones, for efficiency and generally better to keep the PSU below 100% load. 

But that's up to you. 

Not an expert, just bored at work. Please quote me or mention me if you would like me to see your reply. **may edit my posts a few times after posting**

CPU: Intel i5-12400

GPU: Asus TUF RX 6800 XT OC

Mobo: Asus Prime B660M-A D4 WIFI MSI PRO B760M-A WIFI DDR4

RAM: Team Delta TUF Alliance 2x8GB DDR4 3200MHz CL16

SSD: Team MP33 1TB

PSU: MSI MPG A850GF

Case: Phanteks Eclipse P360A

Cooler: ID-Cooling SE-234 ARGB

Pcpartpicker: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/wnxDfv
Displays: Samsung Odyssey G5 S32AG50 32" 1440p 165hz | AOC 27G2E 27" 1080p 144hz

Laptop: ROG Strix Scar III G531GU Intel i5-9300H GTX 1660Ti Mobile| OS: Windows 10 Home