144hz not working on my samsung odyssey g3 Monitor

Amal Safar

I bought the Samsung odyssey g3 24" 144hz monitor about 8 months ago. In this time frame I already have undergone a monitor replacement because the monitor just stopped working after 4 months of use.

Then recently out of the blue the display just turns black and shows fading white lines.

So I tried unplugging the monitor and restaring it still no solution. I tried different hdmi cable and different hooked up to different PCs still no solution. Then I hooked up an another display to my PC it is a 60hz monitor and changed the samsung monitor to 60hz it works now In 60hz but when I try to go 120 or 144 it goes to the same problem as before.

My PC specs

----------------------

AMD Ryzen 5 3400g (clocked at 4.1Ghz)

Asus b450m-a motherboard

32gb corsair 3200Mhz ram

Cooler master MWE550 BRONZE V2

I am using a hdmi cable because I am using integrated graphics and my motherboard doesn't have a display port out

It worked for perfectly in 144hz 1080p by chroma subsambling and free-sync premium worked okay as well.

I contacted Samsung about this problem and they sent a guy to look at the monitor  and then he called the technician and talked. He is saying that 1080p 144hz will only work on display port even though hdmi will work 1080p 144hz with chroma subsambling but he continues to disagree about that.

Then I checked Samsung quick manual. I'm that it also says that 1080p will work in 144hz and with freesync.

Samsung is not doing anything about my situation.

Now I have 144hz 1080p display that doesn't work 144hz and I am currently using it in 60hz

A 3400G can do 144hz? I wasn't aware iGPUs could do that.

I don't badmouth others' input, I'd appreciate others not badmouthing mine. *** More below ***

MODERATE TO SEVERE AUTISTIC, COMPLICATED WITH COVID FOG

Due to the above, I've likely revised posts <30 min old, and do not think as you do.

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!

11 minutes ago, An0maly_76 said:

A 3400G can do 144hz? I wasn't aware iGPUs could do that.

Yes it can do 144hz on monitor but it can't get 144fps on games.

I don't know if this could help but a friend got mad on samsung because it had his monitor stuck at 60hz because he didn't change the refresh rate on the monitor.
He only changed it on the computer.

3700x PBO stock | b550-f | Crucial Ballistix 32GB 3200MHz | RTX 4080 Asus TUF OC | SN 850X 2TB - SN 850 1T | Cooler Master XG 850w Platinum PSU

On 8/12/2022 at 3:13 PM, jauxan said:

I don't know if this could help but a friend got mad on samsung because it had his monitor stuck at 60hz because he didn't change the refresh rate on the monitor.
He only changed it on the computer.

I tried everything also added a custom resolution and framerate to see if it works that way

Can it be something about software...?

Have you tried updating the BIOS, uninstalling display adaptor and installing it again?

3700x PBO stock | b550-f | Crucial Ballistix 32GB 3200MHz | RTX 4080 Asus TUF OC | SN 850X 2TB - SN 850 1T | Cooler Master XG 850w Platinum PSU

43 minutes ago, jauxan said:

Can it be something about software...?

Have you tried updating the BIOS, uninstalling display adaptor and installing it again?

Yeah did that