Jump to content

High Idle Temps (Need Help)

 Share

Recently my PC's temps have been spiking up again with idle temps at 77C, even tho coolant is around 33C.
Cpu is 7 5800x
Aio H100i Platinum SE
Thermal paste is MX 4
and the case is 465x icue with 5 fans in total including radiator ones
The thermal paste is brand new and iIapplied it 2 days ago. I made sure the aio is tightened up but still very high idle temps.
I tried everything and im at a roadblock. Any suggestions?

proofcorsair.PNG

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

17% on a 5800X isn't "idle" at all, and 5000 chips just boost to max on any load on best cores

Plus the 5800X heat is super badly spread on the die due to 1 CCX only, making it hard to cool

Then the 240mm Corsair AIO isn't the best one...

Anyway, my 5900X with 280mm rad and D5 pump, PBO on, OC+200, stock PPT/TDP/EDP jumps to 75C at 5% load or even less several times a day, for short periods of time when some background Chrome or Windows stuff decides to run, whereas it doesn't go above 72C in a Cinebench run...

 

System : AMD R9 5900X / X570 AORUS PRO/ 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance 3600CL18 (OCed to CL16)/ RTX3080 Gigabyte EAGLE GPU/ Phanteks P600S case / Customized Watercooling Eisbaer 280mm + Eiswolf2 360mm + VPP755 pump  and 150mm reservoir0.5TB Sabrent Rocket + 2TB WD SN850 NVme Gen4 + 4TB Toshiba X300 HDD drives/ Corsair RM850x PSU/ 34" 120Hz 3440x1440p Alienware AW3420DW monitor / Logitech G915TKL keyboard (wireless) / Logitech G PRO X Superlight mouse

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, PDifolco said:

17% on a 5800X isn't "idle" at all, and 5000 chips just boost to max on any load on best cores

Plus the 5800X heat is super badly spread on the die due to 1 CCX only, making it hard to cool

Then the 240mm Corsair AIO isn't the best one...

Anyway, my 5900X with 280mm rad and D5 pump, PBO on, OC+200, stock PPT/TDP/EDP jumps to 75C at 5% load or even less several times a day, for short periods of time when some background Chrome or Windows stuff decides to run, whereas it doesn't go above 72C in a Cinebench run...

 

A few days ago it went to 90C 8% until i reset the pc then it went to 55C for like 5 mins then it went again to 85C~. Alot of games lag because of it and its annoying

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, IcyAlexander said:

A few days ago it went to 90C 8% until i reset the pc then it went to 55C for like 5 mins then it went again to 85C~. Alot of games lag because of it and its annoying

What's your CPU settings in terms of voltage, PBO, Curve Optimizer, OC, PPT/TDC/EDC ?

If you're at stock it's not normal then maybe your AIO block is badly seated/don't make good contact/lacks thermal paste

System : AMD R9 5900X / X570 AORUS PRO/ 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance 3600CL18 (OCed to CL16)/ RTX3080 Gigabyte EAGLE GPU/ Phanteks P600S case / Customized Watercooling Eisbaer 280mm + Eiswolf2 360mm + VPP755 pump  and 150mm reservoir0.5TB Sabrent Rocket + 2TB WD SN850 NVme Gen4 + 4TB Toshiba X300 HDD drives/ Corsair RM850x PSU/ 34" 120Hz 3440x1440p Alienware AW3420DW monitor / Logitech G915TKL keyboard (wireless) / Logitech G PRO X Superlight mouse

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, PDifolco said:

What's your CPU settings in terms of voltage, PBO, Curve Optimizer, OC, PPT/TDC/EDC ?

If you're at stock it's not normal then maybe your AIO block is badly seated/don't make good contact/lacks thermal paste

Everything is stock i haven't touched a single thing. I made sure to seat the aio perfectly a put a pea size amount of thermal paste. I screwed it in very good as well. Im starting to think my aio is faulty. i also did a cinebench test now and its staying 90C

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Guys i solved it, its from razer synapse

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, IcyAlexander said:

Guys i solved it, its from razer synapse

Urggg damned bloatware ...

System : AMD R9 5900X / X570 AORUS PRO/ 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance 3600CL18 (OCed to CL16)/ RTX3080 Gigabyte EAGLE GPU/ Phanteks P600S case / Customized Watercooling Eisbaer 280mm + Eiswolf2 360mm + VPP755 pump  and 150mm reservoir0.5TB Sabrent Rocket + 2TB WD SN850 NVme Gen4 + 4TB Toshiba X300 HDD drives/ Corsair RM850x PSU/ 34" 120Hz 3440x1440p Alienware AW3420DW monitor / Logitech G915TKL keyboard (wireless) / Logitech G PRO X Superlight mouse

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share


×