Custom Motherboard cover?

Hey guys!

I've got a budget build here with a Palit 560Ti(reference card), a gigabyte B75M-D3H motherboard and a 2500K at stock clock with a stock cooler in a NZXT Gamma case.

I want to go for a yellow and black build since my 560Ti has a similar color scheme.The problem I have is the motherboard has the sad light blue and white gigabyte color scheme.Since I can't afford to get a new ASRock black and yellow Z77 now I thought why not make a motherboard cover for it similar to whats on the Sabertooth Z77.I have seen some people make custom covers but have no idea how to get started.

My main doubts are:

• How do i mount the cover on top of the motherboard?
  • The VRM on my mobo doesn't have a heatsink on it so do i need to make a custom one?
  • I plan to put some LED strips around the acrylic sheet and cover it with carbon fibre(fake) wrap and make thin slits on the carbon fibre so the light from the leds shine throgh and it look's like glowing traces on a PCB.Is this even possible?

Any help is much appreciated guys!

Thanks!

i'm sure one of the build logs shown on a live stream had a custom mobo cover cannot remember which one but i'm sure it was a white build

used mobo stand offs to lift it up off the mobo itself i think

i'm sure one of the build logs shown on a live stream had a custom mobo cover cannot remember which one but i'm sure it was a white build

used mobo stand offs to lift it up off the mobo itself i think

that was an Asus z77 sabertooth with the armour painted.

PC Builder, Engineer... BACON    Project Cobalt: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/38058-project-cobalt-copper-piping-laser-etching-and-more/#entry489258

| NZXT Switch 810 | i5-3570k | gigabyte UD-5H | Corsair Vengeance 8gb ram | GTX 670 | 2x 60gb intel 330 series ssd's in raid 0 | 1tb seagate barracuda hdd | Corsair tx750m | XSPC razor GPU and CPU waterblocks | XSPC d5 vario pump | Thermochill Pa140.3 | phoyba 280mm radiator | Chromed Copper tubing |

your best bet would be to create you own mold using some wood and either vaccum form plastic over it if vaccum forming is something you are able to do or pay someone to do. the other option would be to hand mould so fibre glass resin over the top of your mold.

for mounting just drill holes where the motherboard hold down screws are and just screw threw the plastic into the stand offs to hold it in place.

for the vrm you might want to put a small fan on the motherboard cover to create airflow under the plastic like on the asus z77 sabertooth.

although swapping your motherboard for a msi mpower z77 would be the best option with the least mount of work to get the motherboard in your colour scheme.

PC Builder, Engineer... BACON    Project Cobalt: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/38058-project-cobalt-copper-piping-laser-etching-and-more/#entry489258

| NZXT Switch 810 | i5-3570k | gigabyte UD-5H | Corsair Vengeance 8gb ram | GTX 670 | 2x 60gb intel 330 series ssd's in raid 0 | 1tb seagate barracuda hdd | Corsair tx750m | XSPC razor GPU and CPU waterblocks | XSPC d5 vario pump | Thermochill Pa140.3 | phoyba 280mm radiator | Chromed Copper tubing |