Case Comparison

Looking at buying a new case a full tower in particular and out of the cases iv looked at im stuck between the Thermaltake Core X71 Tempered Glass Full-Tower ATX Case and the Thermaltake View 71 Tempered Glass Edition Full Tower Gaming Case. The only requirements are: full tower, good cooling and somewhat budget - under $300 AUD also nice looking is a bonus but if i could get a recommendation between the 2 cases above that would be great as I'm not sure which is more superior.

the x71 is one of my favorite looking cases, if you manage to fill it and make use of its space properly. 

My friend has a view 71, and loves it, but that thing is MASSIVE. Thermals aren't an issue because the glass is on risers on every side, its really hard to avoid fingerprints on the glass even when you try to clean it.

1 hour ago, veterantech95 said:

Looking at buying a new case a full tower in particular and out of the cases iv looked at im stuck between the Thermaltake Core X71 Tempered Glass Full-Tower ATX Case and the Thermaltake View 71 Tempered Glass Edition Full Tower Gaming Case. The only requirements are: full tower, good cooling and somewhat budget - under $300 AUD also nice looking is a bonus but if i could get a recommendation between the 2 cases above that would be great as I'm not sure which is more superior.

Thermaltake View 71 is crap for air flow... so that leaves the Thermaltake Core X71 witch i have and well its ok. kinda costly...

dosent really do anything well. not enough hdd for a storage case, other case have more wc support, and other case have more 5.25 bays...

also are you going for water cooling in it? need the 5.25 bays? or just like the looks?

if your going air cooling on gpu then a case with bottom intake will be best for gpu cooling imo

Edited by thrasher_565

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

21 hours ago, thrasher_565 said:

Thermaltake View 71 is crap for air flow... so that leaves the Thermaltake Core X71 witch i have and well its ok. kinda costly...

dosent really do anything well. not enough hdd for a storage case, other case have more wc support, and other case have more 5.25 bays...

also are you going for water cooling in it? need the 5.25 bays? or just like the looks?

if your going air cooling on gpu then a case with bottom intake will be best for gpu cooling imo

view 71 isn't actually as bad as you think, just cuz it has glass on every side in pics, doesn't mean its terrible. Theres massive gaps between the glass and actual body to let airflow thru.

Personal experience: friend with View71 and 5900x, 3080ti

1 hour ago, Jack Dvorak said:

view 71 isn't actually as bad as you think, just cuz it has glass on every side in pics, doesn't mean its terrible. Theres massive gaps between the glass and actual body to let airflow thru.

Personal experience: friend with View71 and 5900x, 3080ti

what are the temps?

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

7 hours ago, thrasher_565 said:

what are the temps?

after we built it, ran prime95 and 5900x had peaks of 83, but during gaming never went over 75, and 3080ti was in mid 70s but I believe he adjusted fan curves recently 

16 hours ago, Jack Dvorak said:

after we built it, ran prime95 and 5900x had peaks of 83, but during gaming never went over 75, and 3080ti was in mid 70s but I believe he adjusted fan curves recently 

hmm wonder why they would have to adjust fan curves if the temps are fine🤔

all i no is you put a flat surface in front of a fan even with the sided open still reduces it flow and increases noise that's been proven many times.

the gaps would have to be like an inch wide to not effect anything.

Edited by thrasher_565

core x71 is better as a custom loop case

if yer looking for air flow, check out fractal torrent (come with 2x 180mm fans with 38mm thickness)

or phanteks 719 / pro2 (gotta buy yer own fan tho)

Ryzen 5700x + EK Supremacy D-RGB | 2x8 GB DDR4 Klevv 3200 MT/s | MSI B550M Mortar | Palit 3070 GamingPro LHR + Bykski N-PT3070PRO-X | Corsair RM750 | Alphacool EPDM + QDC | Aquacomputer Quadro + HighFlow2 | EK D5 XTOP | Freezemod 360 30mm rad + Barrow Dabel-20b 360 20mm | Barrow & Freezemod fittings | Corsair 5000D Airflow

Audio: beyerdynamic DT 900 Pro X + iFi ZEN Air DAC + Razer Seiren Mini