Read Me Pc issues

Maestro_RD2

So I built a pc for a friend and I made sure it was working fine she lives in Fresno ca and I live in Phoenix Az I drove out there and gave her the pc, took the gpu out and took precautions to make sure it got there in working condition. She had issues with Valorant crashing which we fixed but then overwatch Fortnite and fall guys stopped working she has bad internet so I’m thinking that’s part of the issue, Fortnite the keyboard uses arrow keys instead of wasd; her audio for the headset is messed up but we’re sure she needs a splitter it’s an older headset it has a mic and headset 3.5mm.  We’ve tried literally everything troubleshooting wise, we’ve reseated the ram and gpu we factory reset the pc, reinstalled all the drivers and gone into some of the “secret” or hard to find settings and it literally just won’t work. I made sure the hardware wasn’t broken, (Everything but the gpu was part of my old pc that I then gifted to her, the gpu is brand new) temps are fine everything is detected and I just have no clue what could possibly have gone wrong we’re gonna try updating the bios as it’s the last thing we can try but I don’t know what else we can do and I’m out of ideas. Something started fighting with the rgb in the fans as well I was able to change the colors before delivering the pc but started having issues after she started using it, I made sure the power was well within its limits but now I don’t think so. Said person with the pc isn’t tech savvy so she doesn’t know what to do. Any help would be much appreciated 

specs: Ryzen 7 3800x

rtx 3060 Zotac 12gb

16gb Corsair vengeance cl16 ddr4

asus b450f mobo

EVGA 500w power-supply non-modular 

and a sky tech gaming case 

At first glance, the PSU is way below what Zotac recommends especially if coupled with a high powered CPU like a 3800x, the recommended PSU capacity is 600W. Not to mention that you did not specify the PSU model, PSU model matters quite a lot.

Maybe try swapping out the PSU with your current PSU? Assuming you have a better PC.

Not an expert, just bored at work. Please quote me or mention me if you would like me to see your reply. **may edit my posts a few times after posting**

CPU: Intel i5-12400

GPU: Asus TUF RX 6800 XT OC

Mobo: Asus Prime B660M-A D4 WIFI MSI PRO B760M-A WIFI DDR4

RAM: Team Delta TUF Alliance 2x8GB DDR4 3200MHz CL16

SSD: Team MP33 1TB

PSU: MSI MPG A850GF

Case: Phanteks Eclipse P360A

Cooler: ID-Cooling SE-234 ARGB

Pcpartpicker: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/wnxDfv
Displays: Samsung Odyssey G5 S32AG50 32" 1440p 165hz | AOC 27G2E 27" 1080p 144hz

Laptop: ROG Strix Scar III G531GU Intel i5-9300H GTX 1660Ti Mobile| OS: Windows 10 Home

11 minutes ago, Dukesilver27- said:

At first glance, the PSU is way below what Zotac recommends especially if coupled with a high powered CPU like a 3800x, the recommended PSU capacity is 600W. Not to mention that you did not specify the PSU model, PSU model matters quite a lot.

Maybe try swapping out the PSU with your current PSU? Assuming you have a better PC.

It’s an evga 500w psu non modular im probly gonna have her switch it out if she doesn’t find it too difficult but everything runs fine even under load I can’t go do it physically as it’s 9hrs away but the bios and the psu are the only issues I can think of that might be it I’m thinking alot of the issues she’s having is because of the bad internet connection. She has a student wifi program and her Download  is literally about 1mb download and maybe 2-5 upload and that’s through Ethernet budget is a slight issue so I won’t be able to get her a better psu for a bit at least and that’s if she thinks she can replace it (she’s a complete novice knows nothing about pc’s)

Edited by Maestro_RD2

first thing to mind is the PSU like some have pointed out, second would be checking the pcie speeds, try gpu-z and read the speeds under load, should read out x16 on the top slot.

• CPU
    I7 12700KF
  • Motherboard
    MSI Tomahawk z690 WIFI DDR4
  • RAM
    16gb Vengeance Pro
  • GPU
    RTX 3070 TI
  • Case
    NZXT H700i
  • Storage
    crucial P2 500gb m.2
    Raid 0 16tb server
  • PSU
    Corsair RM1000X
  • Display(s)
    ASUS PG259QN 360hz
    ASUS PG278QE 165hz
  • Cooling
    NZXT KRAKEN X62
  • Keyboard
    Corsair K95P Brown
    Ducky one 2 SF Silver
  • Mouse
    Razer Viper Ultimate
    logitech pro superlight x
  • Sound
    DT 990 PRO

18 hours ago, Fl0yd- said:

first thing to mind is the PSU like some have pointed out, second would be checking the pcie speeds, try gpu-z and read the speeds under load, should read out x16 on the top slot.

Speeds are good and everything looks fine but no changes we will try to update the bios and mobo drivers today and I will update after