Driver signature enforcement (windows 10)

AnimeDudeJ
Go to solution Solved by BobVonBob,
22 minutes ago, AnimeDudeJ said:

I know how to disable it, but i need to know how i can verify its status and know for certain that disabling it (pressing 7/F7 on startup options) actually worked! 

It might have a setting listed by bcdedit, but that's just a guess. If you booted using the startup setting to disable driver enforcement it's safe to assume it worked, and trying to install the unsigned driver is a sure way to know.

how do i check if i have actually enabled or disabled driver signature enforcement???

is there some command i can use in terminal to verify?

It's almost certainly enabled.

If you disabled it via the advanced startup options it gets enabled the next time you turn off your computer.

If you disabled it via bcdedit, open an administrator terminal and type in "bcdedit" (no quotes) and look for an entry for "nointegritychecks". If it says "off" or it's not there at all then signature enforcement is enabled. If it says "on" disable it using "bcdedit /set nointegritychecks off".

If you disabled it via test mode it's enabled as long as you don't have a "Test Mode" watermark on your desktop. If that watermark is there disable it with "bcdedit /set testsigning off" in an administrator terminal.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Desktop:

Intel Core i7-11700K | Noctua NH-D15S chromax.black | ASUS ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming WiFi  | 32 GB G.SKILL TridentZ 3200 MHz | ASUS TUF Gaming RTX 3080 | 1TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 PCIe 4.0 SSD | 2TB WD Blue M.2 SATA SSD | Seasonic Focus GX-850 Fractal Design Meshify C Windows 10 Pro

Laptop:

HP Omen 15 | AMD Ryzen 7 5800H | 16 GB 3200 MHz | Nvidia RTX 3060 | 1 TB WD Black PCIe 3.0 SSD | 512 GB Micron PCIe 3.0 SSD | Windows 11

Just now, BobVonBob said:

It's almost certainly enabled.

If you disabled it via the advanced startup options it gets enabled the next time you turn off your computer.

If you disabled it via bcdedit, open an administrator terminal and type in "bcdedit" (no quotes) and look for an entry for "nointegritychecks". If it says "off" or it's not there at all then signature enforcement is enabled. If it says "on" disable it using "bcdedit /set nointegritychecks off".

If you disabled it via test mode it's enabled as long as you don't have a "Test Mode" watermark on your desktop. If that watermark is there disable it with "bcdedit /set testsigning off" in an administrator terminal.

I know how to disable it, but i need to know how i can verify its status and know for certain that disabling it (pressing 7/F7 on startup options) actually worked! 

19 minutes ago, AnimeDudeJ said:

Try to install a driver that's unsigned (or has a broken signature). If that works, it's obviously disabled.

Remember to either quote or @mention others, so they are notified of your reply

22 minutes ago, AnimeDudeJ said:

It might have a setting listed by bcdedit, but that's just a guess. If you booted using the startup setting to disable driver enforcement it's safe to assume it worked, and trying to install the unsigned driver is a sure way to know.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Desktop:

Intel Core i7-11700K | Noctua NH-D15S chromax.black | ASUS ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming WiFi  | 32 GB G.SKILL TridentZ 3200 MHz | ASUS TUF Gaming RTX 3080 | 1TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 PCIe 4.0 SSD | 2TB WD Blue M.2 SATA SSD | Seasonic Focus GX-850 Fractal Design Meshify C Windows 10 Pro

Laptop:

HP Omen 15 | AMD Ryzen 7 5800H | 16 GB 3200 MHz | Nvidia RTX 3060 | 1 TB WD Black PCIe 3.0 SSD | 512 GB Micron PCIe 3.0 SSD | Windows 11

9 hours ago, Eigenvektor said:

Try to install a driver that's unsigned (or has a broken signature). If that works, it's obviously disabled.

9 hours ago, BobVonBob said:

i actually ended up randomly finding out something that will confirm for sure.

turns out easy anti-cheat games will refuse to run if you have driver signature enforcement disabled!