Going straight to BIOS after Motherboard and COU upgrade

Just upgraded my cpu and motherboard from a z170 & 7700k to a B550 & 5600x

the PC just boots to BIOS every time, the only drive I have connected is my windows boot drive (m.2 nvme ssd). 

in the bios it shows my M.2 drive, but if I go to boot order priorities, the drive doesn’t show. Is this maybe the problem to why it just goes straight to bios every time?

Expected behavior as its likely an older install of Windows with an MBR partition table drive. Re-installing Windows fresh is highly suggested, especially if you didn't do your best to prep the system beforehand for moving platforms. 

You can try enabling CSM (Legacy mode) in the BIOS and seeing if that helps, otherwise reinstall. 

18 minutes ago, GuiltySpark_ said:

Expected behavior as its likely an older install of Windows with an MBR partition table drive. Re-installing Windows fresh is highly suggested, especially if you didn't do your best to prep the system beforehand for moving platforms. 

You can try enabling CSM (Legacy mode) in the BIOS and seeing if that helps, otherwise reinstall. 

Alright ok, to be honest I wouldn’t mind a fresh install of windows. Last time I did that was what I built the original system over 6 years ago lol

1 minute ago, ldmendes7 said:

Alright ok, to be honest I wouldn’t mind a fresh install of windows. Last time I did that was what I built the original system over 6 years ago lol

Definitely worth doing to prevent future problems especially if the install you have is that old! 

Your problem is probably that you are trying to boot into windows that has an intel based drivers from your previous installation.  You should do a clean install of windows to make sure you have the proper amd drivers installed.

Consider grabbing a new drive. Flash is cheap rn and a new drive is worth the cost if your old one is at 6 years

5950X/3080Ti primary rig  |  1920X/1070Ti Unraid for dockers  |  200TB TrueNAS w/ 1:1 backup

33 minutes ago, GuiltySpark_ said:

Definitely worth doing to prevent future problems especially if the install you have is that old! 

Ok I now have a clean ssd and a windows 10 usb plugged into the PC, how do I go about installing windows 10? I still see neither of them in the boot priority

8 minutes ago, OddOod said:

Consider grabbing a new drive. Flash is cheap rn and a new drive is worth the cost if your old one is at 6 years

Nah the drive is new, it’s the installation of windows that’s 6 years old, been copied over from old drives. 

32 minutes ago, ldmendes7 said:

I still see neither of them in the boot priority

That's not ideal. You created the USB with the media creation tool, right? Is the usb plugged straight into the mobo? Try with UEFI on and off. 
Can you get a pic of the BIOS with your phone showing boot priority and showing detected storage?

5950X/3080Ti primary rig  |  1920X/1070Ti Unraid for dockers  |  200TB TrueNAS w/ 1:1 backup