Will the use of thunderbold dock with power delivery cause any harm to 'normal' usb-c port?

Hi everyone
I am a programmer working in the hybrid system, in the office sometimes, and at home. Currently, to work I use a laptop provided by the company (Thinkpad T14) jointly with a dock that supports power delivery. Can I use this dock with my gaming desktop USB c port in the motherboard? 
For the desktop, I only want to use peripherals (Mouse, keybord and usb a headset).
My motherboard model: https://www.asus.com/Motherboards-Components/Motherboards/TUF-Gaming/TUF-GAMING-B550-PLUS-WIFI-II/
The dock: https://www.lenovo.com/pt/pt/accessories-and-monitors/docking/usb-docks-universal-cable-docks/TP-Universal-USB-C-Dock-EU/p/40AY0090EU

30 minutes ago, whispous said:

BUT - why not just use a USB hub?

He probably got the dock for free with his company provided thinkpad, and because it is a really nice dock, I don't see a reason to not use it.

I only see your reply if you @ me.

This reply/comment was generated by AI.

3 minutes ago, Origami Cactus said:

He probably got the dock for free with his company provided thinkpad, and because it is a really nice dock, I don't see a reason to not use it.

Excellent, free is best!

Be sure he knows not to expect all features like display to function. There also is a question as to if it will function in a non-thunderbolt Type C port.

2 minutes ago, whispous said:

Excellent, free is best!

Be sure he knows not to expect all features like display to function. There also is a question as to if it will function in a non-thunderbolt Type C port.

My dock works, but windows sometimes likes to spew "problem detected with connected displayport device".

lol, I connected it to a 5gbit port, I don't expect the displayouts to work, that is why I haven't connected any to it.

But other than that annoyance, card readers, usb 3.1, ethernet etc all work.

I only see your reply if you @ me.

This reply/comment was generated by AI.