building a pc and have been gaming on a rog amd advantage edition love btw have not gamed since windows 2004 on pc that is. I have all my parts and not realizing i went with b550 then as i got into reading i want to go x570 or should i ditch amd and go intel does it even matter? strictly for gaming i would like to know what others think on them both opinions are helpful or at this point, is it personal preference?

5 minutes ago, b_squared said:

building a pc and have been gaming on a rog amd advantage edition love btw have not gamed since windows 2004 on pc that is. I have all my parts and not realizing i went with b550 then as i got into reading i want to go x570 or should i ditch amd and go intel does it even matter? strictly for gaming i would like to know what others think on them both opinions are helpful or at this point, is it personal preference?

I'm on B550, so far it serves me well.
Plus, I hate active cooling on chipset, less thing that can fail abruptly on my PC is better.
Unless they standarized the fan used for chipset cooling and there's an abundant stock being sold, most likely I will never get an active cooled board.

Unless you use more than 1 Gen4 NVME, or need that much I/O.
I don't think you need an X570.

So, what makes you want a x570 ?

There is approximately 99% chance I edited my post

Refresh before you reply

ENGLISH IS NOT MY NATIVE LANGUAGE, NOT EVEN 2ND LANGUAGE. PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR ANY CONFUSION AND/OR MISUNDERSTANDING THAT MAY HAPPEN BECAUSE OF IT.

24 minutes ago, b_squared said:

I have all my parts and not realizing i went with b550 then as i got into reading i want to go x570

X570 has 3 advantages over B550

1. More Gen 4 devices
  2. More potential for IO (dependent on the board whether this is actually taken advantage of, there are a number of B550 boards that are better than X570 boards)
  3. Better laid out IOMMU groups if you want to do VFIO stuff. 

If you're just gonna run a single Gen 4 SSD and a GPU, B550 is more than fine. For the most part, until you get into the area of $250+, the B550 boards are better than the similar priced X570 boards. X570 is actually worse if you want to do more hardcore overclocking since it tends to break if you raise the BCLK (on my X570 Master I have SATA dropouts at 100.5MHz BCLK, B550 boards are fine up until the ~120MHz range), though for a daily system that doesn't matter.

So no, you don't need an X570 board. Only reason I'm on an X570 board is cause I got it on sale less than the similarly spec'd B550 boards. 

30 minutes ago, b_squared said:

should i ditch amd and go intel does it even matter?

If you already own stuff, I wouldn't bother. Intel is currently better on both gaming performance and value per dollar, but it's not better enough to justify going through the effort of returning everything.