Slower ethernet

jojers

I just redid my build and im not sure why my ethernet is running much slower. I just switched my every part on my build beside my gpu and my download speed on steam is about 1/4. I switched my motherboard from a msi b550 tomohawk to a asus rog strix b550-f. I think that may be the problem but I also switched my ethernet chord to a cat 6 cable, I'm not sure what the previous cable was. My steam downloads are what I have seen so far, I went from a consistent 100 mb/s to 25-40 mb/s, from what I've read the intel lan chipset on a motherboard is better so I am really confused.

Can you try your old network cable?

I sold my soul for ProSupport.

Are you the only internet user on your connection? Perhaps a bandwidth problem if e.g. your family is also heavily using the internet at the same time?

Does your system support wifi too? Sometimes my laptop is on wifi even though its plugged in on ethernet.

You should also verify your ethernet ports link speed. I've seen it where a bad/damaged cable and/or ethernet port has caused wonky network speeds. 

In addition to trying another cable, if you haven't already, check your motherboard's website support section for LAN driver downloads.