Need new computer

Budget (including currency): 20000 Mexican pesos

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Retro games, Genshin impact, light terminal work and programming in python and java

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

I want to build a new computer since the one I have is 8 years old and its starting show its age. I want to build a PC with an AMD ryzen processor in mind. I don't need a lot of ports, just enough for my two monitors and some USB stuff. I don't need WiFi. I was thinking about installing 8 to 16 GB of RAM and just keep my existing storage devices to save some money. Does anyone have any recommendations on parts and cases?

I would go with 16gb of ram for futureproofing.

I don't know how different the Mexican Market is from the US one but you can get decent pricing on the latest ryzen chips (dead end platform tho)

or you can go for a new Intel cpu (the latest i5 is a decent deal) at 170US dollars (again don't know if its the same in your market)

As for GPU

I would go with whatever fits in your budget/will work for your applications.

(I would recommend watching some youtube videos on the games you want to play running on the cards you are looking at. (E.G, rtx 3060, RX 6500xt ECT)

For the rest just make sure your power supply is from a decent manufacturer (Corsair, EVGA)

Get a board thats compatible with your cpu and has decent vrm cooling (the heatsinks on the power delivery)

For the case get whatever looks nice and has decent airflow (NZXT airflow Corsair 400D ect)

For SSD get whatever fits in your budget and has the storage you need (you can always add more later.

What is the market like in your country currently? Still inflated? (for the gpus)

There are lots of good build videos coming out on youtube in the recent weeks, maybe see if any of those builds look good to you and mimic it.

Hope this helps (Again not in Mexico)

| If someones post is helpful or solves your problem please mark it as a solution 🙂 |

I am a human that makes mistakes! If I'm wrong please correct me and tell me where I made the mistake. I try my best to be helpful.

System Specs

<Ryzen 5 3600 3.5-4.2Ghz> <Noctua NH-U12S chromax.Black> <ZOTAC RTX 2070 SUPER 8GB> <16gb 3200Mhz Crucial CL16> <DarkFlash DLM21 Mesh> <650w Corsair RMx 2018 80+ Gold> <Samsung 970 EVO 500gb NVMe> <WD blue 500gb SSD> <MSI MAG b550m Mortar> <5 Noctua P12 case fans>

Peripherals

<Lepow Portable Monitor + AOC 144hz 1080p monitor> 

<Keymove Snowfox 61m>

<Razer Mini>

3 hours ago, SignatureSigner said:

I would go with 16gb of ram for futureproofing.

I don't know how different the Mexican Market is from the US one but you can get decent pricing on the latest ryzen chips (dead end platform tho)

or you can go for a new Intel cpu (the latest i5 is a decent deal) at 170US dollars (again don't know if its the same in your market)

As for GPU

I would go with whatever fits in your budget/will work for your applications.

(I would recommend watching some youtube videos on the games you want to play running on the cards you are looking at. (E.G, rtx 3060, RX 6500xt ECT)

For the rest just make sure your power supply is from a decent manufacturer (Corsair, EVGA)

Get a board thats compatible with your cpu and has decent vrm cooling (the heatsinks on the power delivery)

For the case get whatever looks nice and has decent airflow (NZXT airflow Corsair 400D ect)

For SSD get whatever fits in your budget and has the storage you need (you can always add more later.

What is the market like in your country currently? Still inflated? (for the gpus)

There are lots of good build videos coming out on youtube in the recent weeks, maybe see if any of those builds look good to you and mimic it.

Hope this helps (Again not in Mexico)

What do you mean that ryzen is a dead end platform? Like ryzen Zen isn´t available or something?