League of Legends on Steam Deck

Hello everyone! This is my first post here since I figured if anyone could figure this out, it would be this community. I just put my order in for a Steam Deck. My girlfriend and I are currently long distance and thought the Steam Deck will be perfect for when we fly to visit each other, which it totally will be. However, after some additional research, I have learned that one of our favorite games, League of Legends, is not easily installed on the Steam Deck or requires some work arounds to barely function.

Has anyone installed any Riot Games on their Steam Deck? Are you able to play online? Can you help with documenting the process?

Thank you!

It seems there is a LOT of information out there on this specific topic and its clear it's not going to be a situation where it just runs natively like any other Steam game. 

This seems like a pretty concise tutorial from only 3 months ago. 

https://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflinux/comments/u3xquz/how_to_get_lol_installed_and_running_on_the_steam/

Definitely not something I'd be ok with doing on my brand new Steam Deck and you'll want some pretty solid Linux basics under your belt before even attempting.