Freesync basic vs Extended?

soloredis420

I recently purchased an LG 32" UltraGear 2k monitor. It says it has Nvidia Gsync on the front of it with the Nvidia logo but in the settings it only has freesync. I am confused. I know gsync and freesync have variable refresh rates ect but what is the difference between the extended freesync and basic? Those are my only options. Monitor link here: LG 32” UltraGear QHD Nano IPS 1ms 165Hz HDR Monitor withG-SYNC Compatibility Black 32GP83B-B.AUS - Best Buy

1 minute ago, soloredis420 said:

I recently purchased an LG 32" UltraGear 2k monitor. It says it has Nvidia Gsync on the front of it with the Nvidia logo but in the settings it only has freesync. I am confused. I know gsync and freesync have variable refresh rates ect but what is the difference between the extended freesync and basic? Those are my only options. Monitor link here: LG 32” UltraGear QHD Nano IPS 1ms 165Hz HDR Monitor withG-SYNC Compatibility Black 32GP83B-B.AUS - Best Buy

I also get microstutters on certain games, like mass effect remastered, and gta defenitive edition. With Gsync enabled. Build: R7 5800x, corsair i100H cooler, 32g 3600mhz ram, MPG gaming edge x570 wifi, and MSI RTX 3080 Ventus plus 10g lhr edition. 

Just put it on extended, as you would guess from the word "extended", it has a wider fps range where freesync/gsync is active. For example on a 60hz monitor, basic is 45-60hz, extended can go down to 30-60hz.

Also make sure you actually activated gsync:

image.png.24798d11becbbe46e64e719e40f24b6e.png

I only see your reply if you @ me.

This reply/comment was generated by AI.

1 minute ago, Origami Cactus said:

Just put it on extended, as you would guess from the word "extended", it has a wider fps range where freesync/gsync is active. For example on a 60hz monitor, basic is 45-60hz, extended can go down to 30-60hz.

Also make sure you actually activated gsync:

image.png.24798d11becbbe46e64e719e40f24b6e.png

Yeah I have those settings enabled, along with resizable bar. I also used extended because it sounded greater than. But still getting microstutters on certain games, CPU does not exceed 82celsius in all core cinebench r23. Not sure where the stutters are from.

21 minutes ago, soloredis420 said:

Yeah I have those settings enabled, along with resizable bar. I also used extended because it sounded greater than. But still getting microstutters on certain games, CPU does not exceed 82celsius in all core cinebench r23. Not sure where the stutters are from.

Do you get the stutters when Gsync is disabled? Are games on an SSD drive?

I only see your reply if you @ me.

This reply/comment was generated by AI.

Games are on a gen 4 ssd with a heatsync. And yes I get stutters on these specific games without gsync enabled.