Bad luck sure comes in pairs...

So, recently I updated my bios on my Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite and ran into all kinds of issues. Rocking windows 11 you gotta have all kinds of security turned on in bios. For the life of me I couldn't resolve secure boot signature violations after the bios update. I went as far as to completely reset the secure boot keys, resetting cmos, etc. Then, suddenly my motherboard just stopped posting and would power cycle... I even attached a speaker to the motherboard to verify it was or wasn't even posting. Nothing. No sound, no post beep. Just power cycling. 

I tried everything including the crash free bios feature where you can reflash the bios on the board without a processor. No glory there. Still a dead board. 

400 dollars later I have a newer board (gigabyte x570s aorus elite AX) with the latest bios and no issues. Noticed my ram was not rocking their XMP profiles. Enable them and had all kinds of wonky behavior. Guess what? My ram is bad when running XMP... Now I gotta figure out which of the 4 sticks is the problem. 

Sigh. 

Be sure to @Pickles von Brine if you want me to see your reply!

Stopping by to praise the all mighty jar Lord pickles... * drinks from a chalice of holy pickle juice and tossed dill over shoulder* ~ @WarDance
3600x | NH-D15 Chromax Black | 32GB 3200MHz | ASUS KO RTX 3070 UnderVolted and UnderClocked | Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX X570S | Seasonic X760w | Phanteks Evolv X | 500GB WD_Black SN750 x2 | Sandisk Skyhawk 3.84TB SSD 

One of the reasons why windows 11 is fucking dumb. "security" thats not really about security its just about locking down hardware.  Also its actually having trouble with 3200 mhz? usually its beyond that where its an issue

Id honestly bring that board to someone just as a sanity check, since its a complete waste of time to RMA it since Gigabyte is just a garbage company when it comes to anything RMA and fixing. 

On 7/15/2022 at 10:32 PM, Shimejii said:

One of the reasons why windows 11 is fucking dumb. "security" thats not really about security its just about locking down hardware.  Also its actually having trouble with 3200 mhz? usually its beyond that where its an issue

Id honestly bring that board to someone just as a sanity check, since its a complete waste of time to RMA it since Gigabyte is just a garbage company when it comes to anything RMA and fixing. 

I already did a sanity check and I am sure it is only a single stick that is an issue. Trust me I am not going to RMA my old board. I am just going to keep it and eventually display it. 

Stopping by to praise the all mighty jar Lord pickles... * drinks from a chalice of holy pickle juice and tossed dill over shoulder* ~ @WarDance
3600x | NH-D15 Chromax Black | 32GB 3200MHz | ASUS KO RTX 3070 UnderVolted and UnderClocked | Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX X570S | Seasonic X760w | Phanteks Evolv X | 500GB WD_Black SN750 x2 | Sandisk Skyhawk 3.84TB SSD 

After a bunch of time and running tests I found the issue. Single bad stick of ram. Unfortunately I cannot just get a single stick and have to order a kit...