Source for GPU model and variant comparison?

battlepants220

I recently got my newest build up and running with and an EVGA RTX 3070 FTW3 Ultra Gaming. It's my third build so it got me thinking about expanding my knowledge about more specific areas. I was wondering if anyone had any trusted sources for articles and/or videos specifically on gpu model and variant comparison. The videos I've found have only compared 2 or 3 types or only pertaining to over clocking. I'm looking for a general performance comparison for all recent models and variants all in one place if it exists. 

The reason you'll only find sources pertaining to overclocking is because that's the only area where specific card matters. For 3070s and lower especially, the difference from one card to the next is extremely minimal, 1-2% at most thanks to GPU boost. VRM quality and super overkill coolers only start to make sense when you're doing extreme overclocking, otherwise a 3070 will perform like a 3070 (exception being OEM cards since they can have very underwhelming VRMs and power throttle from the factory). 

If you want to get more info for doing XOC type stuff for specific cards, channels like Actually Hardcore Overclocking are good to check out, but for just doing ambient cooling without any BIOS modding or voltage modding it really doesn't matter and you should just get whatever card is cheapest. 

Techpowerup has a gpu database that includes vbios information to sort of see what the power limits and other power configurations are standard on which cards to compare different models.

This is how one can compare different models of the same chip from different AIBs, like how the MSI ventus is just the worst option all around for any gpu. A MSI ventus 3070 versus a gigabyte 3070 gaming oc has a much larger performance gap than one would think despite both being triple fan 3070’s, because the ventus has a much lower power limit.

3 hours ago, 8tg said:

Techpowerup has a gpu database that includes vbios information to sort of see what the power limits and other power configurations are standard on which cards to compare different models.

This is how one can compare different models of the same chip from different AIBs, like how the MSI ventus is just the worst option all around for any gpu. A MSI ventus 3070 versus a gigabyte 3070 gaming oc has a much larger performance gap than one would think despite both being triple fan 3070’s, because the ventus has a much lower power limit.

https://www.techpowerup.com/gpu-specs/
Freaking wow.... thank you lol