Newly Built PC Keeps Freezing (New To Building PCs)

Hello,

I recently made some upgrades to my computer (it was basically a rebuild, the only parts that remained the same were the GPU, PSU, and the storage). It began freezing when under heavy load (max settings Elden Ring), I could not Ctrl Alt Delete or open task manager, but I could still speak with people on discord while it was locked. The only thing I could do was hold down the power button to turn it off. The freezing began to get worse, locking on Apex Legends and eventually even on Civ 6. 

Things I have done to attempt to solve the problem:

I got the new drivers for my GPU and motherboard and updated the motherboard BIOS

I reseated the RAM and GPU

I purchased a new 850 W PSU (I needed a new one any way)

I ran a windows memory diagnostic

I looked at the thermals at the time of the crash, the GPU and CPU never got above 65C

I accidently upgraded to windows 11

I tried to look at the event viewer but the only critical error I saw was caused by me holding the power button down and the rest was nonsense to my smooth brain

None of this helped. This is only the second computer I have ever built, so any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Computer Specs:

12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-12700K   3.61 GHz (new)

Kingston Fury Beast 32GB (2x16GB) 5200MHz DDR5 CL40 (new)

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070Ti (4 months old)

Cooler Master MasterLiquid ML360R ARGB Close-Loop AIO CPU Liquid Cooler (new)

ASUS ROG Strix Z690-F Gaming WiFi 6E LGA1700(Intel 12th Gen) ATX (new)

SAMSUNG 980 PRO SSD 1TB (new)

Samsung 870 Evo 500 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive (boot drive) (5 years old )

Seagate BarraCuda Mobile Hard Drive 4TB (3 years old)

OLD Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA 850 G2 (5 years old)

NEW Power Supply: CORSAIR RMx Series (2021) RM850x CP-9020200-NA 850 W ATX12V / EPS12V 80 PLUS GOLD

Antec DF700 Flux, Mid Tower Computer Case, ATX Gaming Case

For starters, Win11 has been known to cause some issues already, despite only being on the market a few months.

This is also possibly a memory compatibility issue, though with the board supporting up to 6400 and you running 5200 I doubt it. You still might check your DOCP / XMP and timing settings though.

You also might want to reduce to one stick of RAM, and run an intensive memory test on each stick, one at a time, to see if either shows errors.

Also, while I've not heard of this causing your type of issue, I have heard of M.2s in the slot closest to the CPU causing weird issues like no video on boot and such. Also, it is possible for PCIe3 devices to conflict somewhat if they are both fighting for the same amount of lanes (two x8 devices, or two x16 devices, for example).

Edited by An0maly_76
Revised, more info

I don't badmouth others' input, I'd appreciate others not badmouthing mine. *** More below ***

MODERATE TO SEVERE AUTISTIC, COMPLICATED WITH COVID FOG

Due to the above, I've likely revised posts <30 min old, and do not think as you do.

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!

Thanks for the quick reply

I was having this issue on both windows 10 and 11, I only ended up with 11 being installed because I was trying to check for a windows 10 update lol. I can try and revert it though if you think it will help

I should have mentioned this earlier, I have XMP disabled because my PC wont POST with it enabled, I just endlessly stare at a black screen.

To clarify, for the RAM intensive memory test, that is the test I already ran correct? But I should try it with each stick individually?

Regarding the M.2 drive, none of the games I have been running (except CIV 6) are downloaded on that drive. You think it could still cause issues though?

I am not really knowledgeable about this stuff, but I think the only PCIe device I have is my GPU. Would there be any other device to compete for lanes with?