Which is stronger, Salicylic acid or Benzoyl Peroxide?

terrytek

I have a pretty bad case of acne. I use whatever I can to prevent it. At the store today buying acne cream. I notice two products who claim they are stronger than the rest. One had 10% benzoyl peroxide, which i thought is pretty strong, and the other product says it's also an ultra cream, but it only says 2% salicylic acid. I thought it isn't too strong. Am i wrong?

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

I've heard that butter works the best. Just smear it on and then you'll have a butter face

[AMD Athlon 64 Mobile 4000+ Socket 754 | Gigabyte GA-K8NS Pro nForce3 | OCZ 2GB DDR PC3200 | Sapphire HD 3850 512MB AGP | 850 Evo | Seasonic 430W | Win XP/10]

I have a pretty bad case of acne. I use whatever I can to prevent it. At the store today buying acne cream. I notice two products who claim they are stronger than the rest. One had 10% benzoyl peroxide, which i thought is pretty strong, and the other product says it's also an ultra cream, but it only says 2% salicylic acid. I thought it isn't too strong. Am i wrong?

try something with good aloe vera and vitamin e content... :)

Acid is generally stronger. But i think 10% peroxide might be.

and that makes your acne come back worse when you stop using it FYIE you irritate your skin. You need anti-bacterial medicine from a doctor, + aloe and vitamin E

Heaven's Society - Like Anime? Check us Out Here!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

try something with good aloe vera and vitamin e content... :)

Does that stuff really work?

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

I actually use lemon juice! Just cut a lemon in half, and squeeze the juice out. Then soak a paper towel in it, and rub it on your face. Cheaper, and I doesn't use harsh chemicals that just dry your skin out more.

If it stings a little, that means it's working! The citric acid helps kill bacteria, and keep pores smaller, and therefore less likely to release oils.

Does that stuff really work?

yes...really...see if u can get hands on aloe vera leaf...and just cut it and apply the gel...then wash ur face with ice cold water... :)

I actually use lemon juice! Just cut a lemon in half, and squeeze the juice out. Then soak a paper towel in it, and rub it on your face. Cheaper, and I doesn't use harsh chemicals that just dry your skin out more.

If it stings a little, that means it's working! The citric acid helps kill bacteria, and keep pores smaller, and therefore less likely to release oils.

no rubbing, just tap

if you want to clear impurities, like dark skin, or bad skin use sugar + lemon

no rubbing, just tap

Sweet! Now I can reverse my bad tan!

no rubbing, just tap

sugar is known for destroying good skin... :P

Sweet! Now I can reverse my bad tan!

i mean bad tan that is caused by old acne :P  use it once max twice a week to rub your face

...if you make a lemonade. you can polish until dark spots dissapear. its like polish.

...if you make a lemonade. you can polish until dark spots dissapear. its like polish.

ya lemon is good...but actually sugar makes skin worse...in both cases whether u consume or apply...

ya lemon is good...but actually sugar makes skin worse...in both cases whether u consume or apply...

its used to rub old skin off

it depends how severe the acne is

start with benzoyl peroxide  it works against the P. acnes bacterium

it helps prevent formation of comedones, and has anti-inflammatory properties BUT USE SUNSCREEN WHEN YOU GO OUTISDE

if that didnt help for more severe cases try using antibiotics

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

Yes sugar is bad.

Try fixing you diet first, as Acne is usually a result of something else, Acne doesn't appear for no reason.

No mass doses of sugar (sodas/candy), or processed snacks (Bags of Doritos/Cheetos).

Good luck

it is responsible for making u look old in the first place...

http://health.howstuffworks.com/skin-care/information/nutrition/sugar-make-us-age.htm

wtf man, its sugar, not glucose. its used because its sharp and because it can slice thru your dead skin / epidermis, whatever its called. its like sand for sanding your cars color off.

its responsible ... blablbalba if you eat it, you smartass

it cant absorbe sugar / sucrose and transform into glucose

no rubbing, just tap

Well I always rub the juice on, and then dab it dry with a towel. I don't scrape it, just gently rub it.

wtf man, its sugar, not glucose. its used because its sharp and because it can slice thru your dead skin / epidermis, whatever its called. its like sand for sanding your cars color off.

its responsible ... blablbalba if you eat it, you smartass

it cant absorbe sugar / sucrose and transform into glucose

ya good luck doing that... :P

ya good luck doing that... :P

...i did.

i hope conversation ends here, because reading your comments lowers IQ and knowledge by at least 20%

As long as you don't have high colesterol or depression, ask your doctor for roacutain. I couldn't take it because i have high colesterol, but it's the most effective acne cure.

Otherwise, I was put on anti biotics that help with the inflamation

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X - CPU Cooler: Deepcool Castle 240EX - Motherboard: MSI B450 GAMING PRO CARBON AC

RAM: 2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RBG 3200MHz - GPU: MSI RTX 3080 GAMING X TRIO

...i did.

i hope conversation ends here, because reading your comments lowers IQ and knowledge by at least 20%

and u r short on both already...lol

probably cant even crawl out of ur own bed...lol..

Salicylic acid is used to clean your pores. BP is to clear up acne. Source: GF