Final thoughts on my build?

Go to solution Solved by Somerandomtechyboi,
1 minute ago, DespicableR said:

Suggestion on boards? Is the聽B550M PRO-VDH WIFI a good option?

Good enough but you get the most value out of ryzen by buying used so look for a used b450/x470 instead but b550m pro vdh wifi is also decent

2 minutes ago, DespicableR said:

I've looked for ram but basically the difference in price between 3200 and 3400 is negligible.

If you want superior rams i suggest buying some 2666 bare pcb crucial rams with c9bjz (top 2666 bin rev e ic) or d9wsm (rev j) which should do 3800+ cl14 by just copying someones oc profile off the internet. Cuts cost and increases performance with minor headache that comes with oc but thats mostly allivieated by copying a profile off the internet especially when microns are very consistent ics (what works for someone likely will also work for you), they dont look good but real men prefer performance over aesthetics 馃槈

Budget (including currency):聽1500 euro

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for:聽Singleplayer games (like RDR2, Cyberpunk etc..) and multiplayer games (like LoL, CoD etc..). No editing, recording.

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc):聽

Hey! A couple of days ago I posted my first build and you guys gave me some feedback, I made some improvements based on some discounts I found and managed to stay right under my budget. I'm still looking to save a buck or two if possible without compromising performance excessively so I'm linking my specs once again and asking for any feedback you might have. Is the motherboard overkill? Originally I wanted to go with the聽B550M PRO-VDH WIFI which is like 60 euros cheaper. I know my CPU isn't exactly top notch, so maybe downgrading the motherboard is possible. Thanks!

https://it.pcpartpicker.com/list/6NcgQ6

For the price it's pretty good. Tried making a 12th gen i5 but B660 boards really expensive in Italy for some reason. In the end I come out a bit more actually.

Though I would recommend聽upgrading to a 1400p monitor. Leave the 1080p days behind you, especially with a 6700XT.聽

Desktop: Ryzen 7 5800X3D - Kraken X62 Rev 2 - STRIX X470-I - 3600MHz 32GB Kingston Fury - 250GB 970 Evo boot - 2x 500GB 860 Evo - 1TB P3 - 4TB HDD - RX6800聽- RMx 750 W 80+ Gold - Manta聽- Silent Wings Pro 4's enjoyer

Setup:聽Zowie XL2740 27.0" 240hz - Roccat Burt Pro -聽Corsair K70 LUX browns - PC38X聽- Mackie CR5X's -聽

Current build on PCPartPicker

Cut cost on the board, btw asus have trash ram topology on b550/x570 so dont bother with those boards

Cut cost on the case and see if you can find something cheaper like a zalman s2

Cut cost on the ram and look out for cheaper 3000 cl15/16 or 3200 cl16 bin (they can usually oc to 3600 cl16)

Add a cooler so the cpu runs cooler + boosts higher and also makes the pc quieter, even a cheap 4/5 heatpipe tower like se 214 xt, gammax 400, ben nevis will work

Otherwise looks ok

20 minutes ago, venomtail said:

For the price it's pretty good. Tried making a 12th gen i5 but B660 boards really expensive in Italy for some reason. In the end I come out a bit more actually.

Though I would recommend聽upgrading to a 1400p monitor. Leave the 1080p days behind you, especially with a 6700XT.聽

I wanted to go with the samsung odyssey g5, 1400p, 144 hz but it's 299. The one you linked has 165hz but no curve. I'll make a choice.

2 minutes ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

Cut cost on the board, btw asus have trash ram topology on b550/x570 so dont bother with those boards

Cut cost on the case and see if you can find something cheaper like a zalman s2

Cut cost on the ram and look out for cheaper 3000 cl15/16 or 3200 cl16 bin (they can usually oc to 3600 cl16)

Add a cooler so the cpu runs cooler + boosts higher and also makes the pc quieter, even a cheap 4/5 heatpipe tower like se 214 xt, gammax 400, ben nevis will work

Otherwise looks ok

I've looked for ram but basically the difference in price between 3200 and 3400 is negligible.

I thought the cooler that comes with the CPU should be enough.

Thanks a lot for your feedback!

I wanted to go with the samsung odyssey g5, 1400p, 144 hz but it's 50 euros more. I'd go over budget unfortunately. The one you linked isn't available but I'll keep an eye for it.

PCPartPicker says your 1080p is 50euro more expensive than this 1440p.

At this price point I don't think you shouldn't lock in to one specific model. Plenty of other 1440p ultrawides exist at 300euro.

Desktop: Ryzen 7 5800X3D - Kraken X62 Rev 2 - STRIX X470-I - 3600MHz 32GB Kingston Fury - 250GB 970 Evo boot - 2x 500GB 860 Evo - 1TB P3 - 4TB HDD - RX6800聽- RMx 750 W 80+ Gold - Manta聽- Silent Wings Pro 4's enjoyer

Setup:聽Zowie XL2740 27.0" 240hz - Roccat Burt Pro -聽Corsair K70 LUX browns - PC38X聽- Mackie CR5X's -聽

Current build on PCPartPicker

1 minute ago, DespicableR said:

Good enough but you get the most value out of ryzen by buying used so look for a used b450/x470 instead but b550m pro vdh wifi is also decent

If you want superior rams i suggest buying some 2666 bare pcb crucial rams with c9bjz (top 2666 bin rev e ic) or d9wsm (rev j) which should do 3800+ cl14 by just copying someones oc profile off the internet. Cuts cost and increases performance with minor headache that comes with oc but thats mostly allivieated by copying a profile off the internet especially when microns are very consistent ics (what works for someone likely will also work for you), they dont look good but real men prefer performance over aesthetics 馃槈

16 minutes ago, venomtail said:

PCPartPicker says your 1080p is 50euro more expensive than this 1440p.

At this price point I don't think you shouldn't lock in to one specific model. Plenty of other 1440p ultrawides exist at 300euro.

I found this model at 280 euros. It has everything I would like and it's heavily discounted (or at least, that's what they say).
https://it.pcpartpicker.com/product/Y7ddnQ/msi-optix-ag321cqr-315-2560x1440-165-hz-monitor-optix-ag321cqr
I'll watch a review of some sort, if not I'll go between the odyssey g5 and the one you linked.

I'm going with a very similar LG model you linked since the reviews on the one I linked weren't as good. Thanks for you help!