2 pumps in series or parallel ?

hey everyone 

im building a pc and wonderd 

is it posible to use 2 pumps on the same loop

the idea is that im building a all crosair and msi build

and i love the iCUE150i ELITE LCD 

this has the pump build in the block if im not mistaken

but i want to watercool my 3080ti as wel with a hydro X series XD5 RGB pump with the reservoire combination 

so the now the stupid part of it

i know there is a different blok without a pump to cool the cpu buuuutttttt it doesnt have that cool LCD display

i know its better to have a reservoire and a dual radiator setup for optimal cooling but i dont wana lose the LCD display 

so the big question is 

is it posible to plumb them in series and making the loop reservoire - radiator 1 - gpu - cpu - radiator 2 - reservoir ?

or is ther a way to use them paralel ?

or is it posible to remove the cpu pump but keep the LCD working ?

its my first expencive build and i realy wana make it my own

ps sorry for my broken english 

13 minutes ago, WhatsUpNick said:

hey everyone 

Probably the best option is to keep them separate and have a CPU cooled by the AIO, and then a GPU-only custom loop. For a few reasons:

The radiator in the AIO is aluminium, so you don't want to ruin your nice GPU block with potential corrosion.

Pushing liquid at the speed of a D5 through a AIO pump will probably turn it into a generator and cause issues.

Once you cut open an AIO, the warranty is gone and it will not have G1/4 standard fittings

But to answer some other questions:

In most cases, serial is always better than parallel pumps.

Probably there is a way to unmount the display, but it will probably be difficult to keep the fluid temperature sensor (I assume there is one)

8 minutes ago, For Science! said:

Probably the best option is to keep them separate and have a CPU cooled by the AIO, and then a GPU-only custom loop. For a few reasons:

The radiator in the AIO is aluminium, so you don't want to ruin your nice GPU block with potential corrosion.

Pushing liquid at the speed of a D5 through a AIO pump will probably turn it into a generator and cause issues.

Once you cut open an AIO, the warranty is gone and it will not have G1/4 standard fittings

But to answer some other questions:

In most cases, serial is always better than parallel pumps.

Probably there is a way to unmount the display, but it will probably be difficult to keep the fluid temperature sensor (I assume there is one)

i was afrade of the whole generator part as wel

a secon option that i fot-rgot to mension is that i have glas cutting tools 

so maby a jackdaniels bottle as reservoir could be cool 

sinds corsair also makes radiators with the pumps build in it could be possible to create 2 outlets on the bottem and as inlet go back in from the top 

tis way i can make 2 loops that share the same reservoire 

everithing in terms of cooling parts is going to be from corsair so there should not be a issue with different tipes of materials and corossions

you think this could be an option ?

9 minutes ago, WhatsUpNick said:

i was afrade of the whole generator part as wel

a secon option that i fot-rgot to mension is that i have glas cutting tools 

so maby a jackdaniels bottle as reservoir could be cool 

sinds corsair also makes radiators with the pumps build in it could be possible to create 2 outlets on the bottem and as inlet go back in from the top 

tis way i can make 2 loops that share the same reservoire 

everithing in terms of cooling parts is going to be from corsair so there should not be a issue with different tipes of materials and corossions

you think this could be an option ?

As long as you are not hacking up an AIO, I think its okay. Just because its an corsair AIO, does not mean its the same radiator as their custom loop line up. In terms of having two loops with a shared reservoir, Yes, its possible, but serves no functional purpose as:

A) It doesn't give you the ability to independently maintain the loops as you have to drain both to work on either

B) It doesn't give you any redundancy as if the pump fails on one loop, the other one will not push liquid around the other.

C) You do not really aggregate the power of your radiators since the water is mixed only within the reservoir.

Which are the three primary reasons for either having multiple pumps or having 2 loops. So to me, it sounds like a lose-lose-lose scenario.

Cutting up a glass bottle for a custom reservoir is fine if you can make it water tight at the fittings.