EA and PSN / Xbox Links - Impossible to unlink if account is deactivated due to inactivity

marcwalsh

A couple of weeks back I bought F1 22 for my PS5, super excited to play and start trying out racing online with mates since I got into F1 over the lockdown. 

F1 2022 makes you sign into an EA account when trying to connect to online services - fair enough, most console games that eventually offer cross play do so. The sign in though is linked to your PSN rather than being a separate login screen.

When logging in I hit a password reset screen, thought it was odd and reset my passwords. Still doesn't work, tried with another old EA account that I had a few backs and still nothing. 

So I contacted EA Support who told me that my account was deactivated / deleted (they've used both terms) due to inactivity. 

I went back and forth their support team who said nothing can be done unless I remember the email address for it. So I checked my emails and found my old account (from 2009) so thought great I can now get everything reset. Yet that still didn't work as EA allowed me to create a new account with the same email address and then when talking with EA they've said the only thing left is to create a new PSN account. 

Finally, I went to Playstation, they're the identity provider so should be to remove the link of the accounts right? Just like I can revoke access on Facebook and Twitter's side when I use their social logins.

I see a ton of things wrong with this and have spotted SO many posts (hundreds) online of people having the same issue as me. 

1. EA have no ability to unlink a PS or Xbox account from a deactivated account, without having to recreate the account. 
  2. EA's system allows for creating a new account that overwrites an existing account, and doesn't offer the ability during sign up to reactive the existing. 
  3. Sony / PS have no ability to remove third party access to your PSN account.

I don't really know where else to turn at this point but trying to get it raised with someone who has a voice that EA / Sony etc would listen to.

Has anyone else had this issue, or does anyone know of other routes I can take - I despise having to pay another £50 a year for PSN access just to play one game - and EA's attitude to say just make a new account shows their attitude to gamers considering that would remove all my trophies, friends and progress etc.

• 8 months later...

I have the same problem with an old email that I do remember but cant access because it no longer exist!

Already chat with EA and this was their response:

image.png.b256d0fe33eec70b6e999f21cf63fc96.png

So in short, their response was GF yourself!