Did i made mistake buying this gaming PC? Im a console guy upgrading to PC

Klik

I'm stupid for not asking advice if this build is any good. I just ordered this. I'm from EU so the price are a bit higher, total of 1600$.

I also already have 1440p/144hz monitor. Do you think i should have bought 1080p instead? 

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/8X8F4s

CPU: Intel Core i5-12400F 2.5 GHz 6-Core Processor  ($149.99 @ Newegg) 

Motherboard: MSI PRO B660M-A DDR4 Micro ATX LGA1700 Motherboard  ($139.99 @ Amazon) 

Memory: Kingston FURY Beast 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory  ($72.98 @ Amazon) 

Storage: Samsung 980 Pro 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  ($139.99 @ Amazon) 

Video Card: Inno3D GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8 GB Twin X2 OC Video Card (344.00$)

Case: Phanteks Eclipse P400A Digital ATX Mid Tower Case  ($99.99 @ Newegg) 

Power Supply: Super Flower Leadex III Gold 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply

($114.99 @ Newegg Sellers) 

Total: $1061.93

2 minutes ago, Klik said:

I'm stupid for not asking advice if this build is any good. I just ordered this. I'm from EU so the price are a bit higher, total of 1600$.

I also already have 1440p/144hz monitor. Do you think i should have bought 1080p instead? 

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/8X8F4s

CPU: Intel Core i5-12400F 2.5 GHz 6-Core Processor  ($149.99 @ Newegg) 

Motherboard: MSI PRO B660M-A DDR4 Micro ATX LGA1700 Motherboard  ($139.99 @ Amazon) 

Memory: Kingston FURY Beast 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory  ($72.98 @ Amazon) 

Storage: Samsung 980 Pro 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  ($139.99 @ Amazon) 

Video Card: Inno3D GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8 GB Twin X2 OC Video Card (344.00$)

Case: Phanteks Eclipse P400A Digital ATX Mid Tower Case  ($99.99 @ Newegg) 

Power Supply: Super Flower Leadex III Gold 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply

($114.99 @ Newegg Sellers) 

Total: $1061.93

Should've gotten a much better gpu.

I mean I have built a few PCs. From my experience that isn't bad. I don't know too much about GPUs and I usually build AMD systems so I can't really help there.

But I do have the same case (very good and has 3 fans for better cooling) The obly I would recommend is getting a semi modular power supply. The one you have is fully modular meaning it has all of the cables locked in the back. Semi modular is usually better because you plug in what you need and don't plug in what you don't need. With fully modular you kind of just shove the extra cables into open space.

Your motherboard is also MicroATX and the case can fit ATX sized boards so you are going to have a LOT of extra space inside. You can get a micro ATX case and still fit everything fine

12 minutes ago, person123456789 said:

Should've gotten a much better gpu.

Well if i can grow money i would have bought better GPU😅

Also it seems that(maybe im wrong though) 3070 is not worth it over 3060ti because its only 8-10% better with 150$ more. While 3060ti is massively better than 3060. 

You should know the cheapest RTX 3060ti here in EU is around 600$ and RTX is around 750$.

6 minutes ago, Electrifly said:

I mean I have built a few PCs. From my experience that isn't bad. I don't know too much about GPUs and I usually build AMD systems so I can't really help there.

But I do have the same case (very good and has 3 fans for better cooling) The obly I would recommend is getting a semi modular power supply. The one you have is fully modular meaning it has all of the cables locked in the back. Semi modular is usually better because you plug in what you need and don't plug in what you don't need. With fully modular you kind of just shove the extra cables into open space.

Your motherboard is also MicroATX and the case can fit ATX sized boards so you are going to have a LOT of extra space inside. You can get a micro ATX case and still fit everything fine

Fully modular means he can only use the leads that he needs to, not that he has to ram them all in the back of the case...

Yes that's a good price. I recently built a 12700k/3070ti build and it was nearly $2,700 USD so I think you did just fine. Idk much about that power supply but if it works then great. It didn't help that I built a mini itx... the motherboards, PSUs, and general case selection are very limited even in 2022.

5 minutes ago, JKRsega said:

Fully modular means he can only use the leads that he needs to, not that he has to ram them all in the back of the case...

My bad. I have never actually built a system with a fully modular psu. That is just what I was told so I have been building with semi modular

There is nothing wrong there, although your PCpart link has a GTX 1650 G6 4 GB Twin X2 OC Video Card and you listed a 3060 here.

Besides that, you are gonna need a wifi card if you want wifi on it.

And yeah, for that GPU 1080p wouldve been more suitable but you can still run some games at 1440p

7 minutes ago, Electrifly said:

My bad. I have never actually built a system with a fully modular psu. That is just what I was told so I have been building with semi modular

You have fully modular and non modular confused. On a non modular power supply all the wires are hard wired into the power supply. Semi modular has the 24 pin, CPU and (IIRC) one 8 pin PCIE connector hard wired in with the rest being modular. Fully modular doesn’t even have the 24 pin hard wired in. 

I'm not actually trying to be as grumpy as it seems.

I will find your mentions of Ikea or Gnome and I will /s post. 

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?

23 minutes ago, Electrifly said:

A mATX board is just a bit shorter lengthwise. The width is the same as ATX.

Also an ATX case gives you more options in the future, so if you decide to buy an ATX board then you can reuse the case instead of having to buy a new one.