I am looking to upgrade what Motherboard CPU and Ram combo can I get for under $600

I have a Dell XPS 8500 here are the specs of the computer 

Delll-XPS-8500-Specs.jpg

Here is a picture of the case 

1014660.jpg

I would like to upgrade the Mother CPU and Ram and keep everything else.  The case is a micro ATX case and the Motherboard is also a Micro ATX.  I want get a I7 CPU and 32gb of Ram if possible.  So which Mother Board CPU and Ram combo for under $600 would be a decent upgrade for my system?? I have already upgrade the power supply it is a 600w 700w max it is a older power supply with not a tone of use before this computer had a Dell 460w power supply. 

For 600 bucks you should consider building a new PC with a used gpu. Your power supply should suffice and the saved money on that can be used for a cheap but clean looking be quiet! Or Corsair case. LTT just launched a video about budget Pc for 500 bucks for some inspiration:

4 hours ago, DJboutit said:

I have already upgrade the power supply it is a 600w 700w

What's the brand and model of the PSU?

If you aren’t going to build a new PC, I would get a i7 12700F, MSI MPG Z490, and 32GB (4x8) 3600MHz LPX Vengence by Corsair. With the prices I see, all brand new, your at a price of $592. Your CPU would be bottlenecked by your GPU, but the GPU can always be upgraded later. All of those parts were picked assuming that you have an adequate PSU. In the future, you can always try and find a 3060 for $250 on the used market.

12 hours ago, --SID-- said:

What's the brand and model of the PSU?

I do not remember which brand I am I not going to remove it to find out. 

32 minutes ago, DJboutit said:

I do not remember which brand I am I not going to remove it to find out. 

If you don't know how good your PSU is then you'll buy fancy new hardware and power it on to find out your PSU is shit and can fry your fancy new hardware. 

It's worth taking the time to find the model. 

3 hours ago, Mayday793 said:

If you don't know how good your PSU is then you'll buy fancy new hardware and power it on to find out your PSU is shit and can fry your fancy new hardware. 

It's worth taking the time to find the model. 

This is the power supply I have

LSP-Ultra-ATX-Power-Supply.jpg

Ya thats the most random third party chinese power supply i've ever seen. its not even 80 plus rated. I've tried looking it up and the only reliable source i can find on it is this LTT post from 8 years ago: 

and this toms hardware post:
https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/is-a-lsp-750w-atx-ulta-able-to-power-msi-gtx-1080.3308429/

Both state what i suspected, this is a really entry level psu that is only rated for what it was shipped with and shouldnt be used with anything else. 

If you plan on putting anything above a 1060 in your rig you risk destroying your equipment. You can get a much more reliable 750w power supply for about 100$ which is really worth your while. 

Having said that, I've overlooked that you didnt ask for the most fleeting edge hardware.  You could still upgrade your rig to something like a 8th/9th gen i7 processor and maybe a gtx 1070. I think thats the most i would put in your rig with that power supply.
10th gen intel is very power hungry so if you want something comparable to that, go with AMD Ryzen 3000 series.

Is there a reason you want an i7? Just because you want the amount of threads?

27 minutes ago, Mayday793 said:

Having said that, I've overlooked that you didnt ask for the most fleeting edge hardware.  You could still upgrade your rig to something like a 8th/9th gen i7 processor and maybe a gtx 1070. I think thats the most i would put in your rig with that power supply.
10th gen intel is very power hungry so if you want something comparable to that, go with AMD Ryzen 3000 series.

Is there a reason you want an i7? Just because you want the amount of threads?

I am a fan of I7 and they are cheaper than a I9.  That power supply is from like 2013 and it does not even have 4 years of use on it. 

Later on I was planning to get a 1070 or 1070 IT video card. 

I ask about the i7 cuz you can save a lot of money by going with an i5. 

I'm currently using an i5 8600k and i get like 90 fps in halo infinite with a gtx 1070. 

I'd suggest going for an i5 since itll save you lots of money while still getting comparable performance to the i7. 
Usually the difference between the i5 and the i7 is that the i7 has hyper threading enabled (so double the logical cores) which only helps with multithreaded things. Gaming is usually more single threaded focuses and thus the similar clock speeds in the i5 is really all you need. 

You would want to have some budget for W10 or W11 operating system because W7 won't be supported on new hardware. 

3 hours ago, DJboutit said:

This is the power supply I have

LSP-Ultra-ATX-Power-Supply.jpg

A PSU with a voltage switch. No PFC, group regulation, fake 12v rails,, no protections mentioned in the specs. No, you don't want to power new hardware with this piece of junk. Add https://pcpartpicker.com/product/zDMTwP/thermaltake-toughpower-gf1-pe-650-w-80-gold-certified-fully-modular-atx-power-supply-ps-tpd-0650fnfagu-1 or https://pcpartpicker.com/product/gnGbt6/evga-supernova-g6-650-w-80-gold-certified-fully-modular-atx-power-supply-220-g6-0650-x1 to your PCPP list.