Hello all,

Recently I have been noticing an unusually high CPU usage (ranging from 40-100% on some games) and my GPU is not being used at it's maximum performance. Therefore, I believe that my CPU is being favored, but I am not sure why as I have had no issue like this before. Some of the games that I've seen this issue present are on Minecraft and Fortnite... but not Valorant or CS:GO nor Overwatch; I am not too sure if these two games are CPU dependent but is there a way to change this or fix it as it causes the game to hitch and stutter whilst I play. Additionally, there are time where my pc blue screens after closing an application, a few of these include yet are not limited too: "MEMORY_MANAGEMENT", "FAST_ERESOURCE_PRECONDITION_VIOLATION". "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL", "DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION", "KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE", "KERNEL_MODE_HEAP_CORRUPTION", "BAD_POOL_CALLER", "SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION", "RDR_FILE_SYSTEM", "VIDEO_SCHEDULER_INTERNAL_ERROR", "PFN_LIST_CORRUPT", "SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED" ect. 

As far as my countless hours of research have gone, I have found little to nothing as far as the CPU *overload* issues. Furthermore, the constant BSOD are so unpredictable that I could be writing an essay and my pc would crash 😕.

Currently I am running on the following specs if this helps:

• CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x
  • GPU: NVIDIA RTX 3060 Ti FE
  • XPG DDR4 D60G 16GB (4x8GB) 3200MHz
  • Samsung 980 series - 500GB M.2
  • Seagate BarraCuda 2TB HDD at 7200RPM
  • Corsair CX750F RGB, 750 Watt, 80 Plus Bronze, Fully Modular
  • MOBO: ASUS ROG Strix B550-A AMD AM4 ATX
  • CPU COOLER: AMD Wraith Prism (came with cpu)

If there are any possible solutions to this issue, I would greatly appreciate the feedback from the community! One last remark I'd like to state is if the CPU is perhaps bottlenecking the GPU? I don't know an exact answer to that, however, most people say that the CPU and the GPU used in my current system should be just fine. Also, would it be maybe that AMD has integrated graphics which both games are favoring?

4 minutes ago, Kingzy said:

One last remark I'd like to state is if the CPU is perhaps bottlenecking the GPU?

Not likely. 

That fact your getting memory related blue screens makes me thing that something is going on with your RAM. Maybe you've got a dying RAM stick, maybe RAM settings are misconfigured in the BIOS, maybe it's a combination of the two. I'd clear CMOS to set all the RAM related settings back to auto and run a memory stress test, memtest86 is a good option. 

What RONOTHAN## said. You also may want to check your task manager to be sure you haven't inadvertently triggered some background process with an unknown hotkey. Someone had a similar issue with high GPU usage or something and we figured out that they'd started a streaming app built-in to Invidia's GeForce Experience. Sometimes it really is that simple.

I don't badmouth others' input, I'd appreciate others not badmouthing mine. *** More below ***

MODERATE TO SEVERE AUTISTIC, COMPLICATED WITH COVID FOG

Due to the above, I've likely revised posts <30 min old, and do not think as you do.

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!

Reseat both RAM and CPU, try single sticks first, run memtest see which one is the culprit.

If you found my answer to your post helpful, be sure to react or mark it as solution 😄

XPG DDR4 D60G 16GB (4x8GB) 3200MHz

Pull two sticks, and test. Most of the errors you listed are memory related. 

• 2 weeks later...

**This is a repost with an update**

I am just looking for further insight on a topic that I posted a while back and I am still having issues. Some people said to test the ram and reset the CPU and RAM to better the pc's performance. I just don't know how to "reset" the RAM and the CPU. I do, however, know how to run a memory test but it could take hours so I might run it over night. I just have looked at the feed back sent recently on my last post about this issue so if there is anything else that could possibly help, I would love to hear any feedback, thanks! 

Also, here is the link to the previous post with comments and I left the original post in text below if you don't care to visit the previous post 🙂

"Hello all,

Recently I have been noticing an unusually high CPU usage (ranging from 40-100% on some games) and my GPU is not being used at it's maximum performance. Therefore, I believe that my CPU is being favored, but I am not sure why as I have had no issue like this before. Some of the games that I've seen this issue present are on Minecraft and Fortnite... but not Valorant or CS:GO nor Overwatch; I am not too sure if these two games are CPU dependent but is there a way to change this or fix it as it causes the game to hitch and stutter whilst I play. Additionally, there are time where my pc blue screens after closing an application, a few of these include yet are not limited too: "MEMORY_MANAGEMENT", "FAST_ERESOURCE_PRECONDITION_VIOLATION". "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL", "DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION", "KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE", "KERNEL_MODE_HEAP_CORRUPTION", "BAD_POOL_CALLER", "SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION", "RDR_FILE_SYSTEM", "VIDEO_SCHEDULER_INTERNAL_ERROR", "PFN_LIST_CORRUPT", "SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED" ect. 

As far as my countless hours of research have gone, I have found little to nothing as far as the CPU *overload* issues. Furthermore, the constant BSOD are so unpredictable that I could be writing an essay and my pc would crash

Currently I am running on the following specs if this helps:

• CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x
  • GPU: NVIDIA RTX 3060 Ti FE
  • XPG DDR4 D60G 16GB (4x8GB) 3200MHz
  • Samsung 980 series - 500GB M.2
  • Seagate BarraCuda 2TB HDD at 7200RPM
  • Corsair CX750F RGB, 750 Watt, 80 Plus Bronze, Fully Modular
  • MOBO: ASUS ROG Strix B550-A AMD AM4 ATX
  • CPU COOLER: AMD Wraith Prism (came with cpu)

If there are any possible solutions to this issue, I would greatly appreciate the feedback from the community! One last remark I'd like to state is if the CPU is perhaps bottlenecking the GPU? I don't know an exact answer to that, however, most people say that the CPU and the GPU used in my current system should be just fine. Also, would it be maybe that AMD has integrated graphics which both games are favoring?"

Edited by Kingzy

You didn't reply to my comment.

So why keep asking?

-= Topics Merged =-

Please do not repost your topic to update, just continue the original thread.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

20 hours ago, Guest 5150 said:

You didn't reply to my comment.

So why keep asking?

Sorry I didn't reply, I just thought of trying the ideas and if they didn't work oh well. I apologize, however, I did end up spending the night and performing a RAM test on every single ram stick and only one of them failed in category 9 (or test 9 which is modulo 20, ones & zeros); should I be concerned? And should I try to replace it with manufacture warranty? **Again, sorry for not responding**

On 7/6/2022 at 7:24 PM, RONOTHAN## said:

Not likely. 

That fact your getting memory related blue screens makes me thing that something is going on with your RAM. Maybe you've got a dying RAM stick, maybe RAM settings are misconfigured in the BIOS, maybe it's a combination of the two. I'd clear CMOS to set all the RAM related settings back to auto and run a memory stress test, memtest86 is a good option. 

Just ran one last night (sorry for late response), but only one failed test 9 (modulo 20, ones & zeros) so should I send back to manufacture and get on of two kits replaced? Also should I replace my PSU if my power usage is "VERY HIGH" on discord and valorant/fortnite?

On 7/6/2022 at 7:53 PM, JogerJ said:

Reseat both RAM and CPU, try single sticks first, run memtest see which one is the culprit.

How do I reset the RAM and the CPU? I did run a RAM test but is there a tutorial on how to reset the RAM AND CPU?
Thanks!

On 7/6/2022 at 7:34 PM, An0maly_76 said:

What RONOTHAN## said. You also may want to check your task manager to be sure you haven't inadvertently triggered some background process with an unknown hotkey. Someone had a similar issue with high GPU usage or something and we figured out that they'd started a streaming app built-in to Invidia's GeForce Experience. Sometimes it really is that simple.

Yeah I did make sure some background issues aren't affecting the computer; I do try to keep the task manager open while gaming and working just to keep an eye on the temps, power usage and usage in general on the GPU, CPU and RAM.

Thanks for the reply!

7 minutes ago, Kingzy said:

How do I reset the RAM and the CPU? I did run a RAM test but is there a tutorial on how to reset the RAM AND CPU?
Thanks!

ReSEAT, not reSET. Basically, making sure these components are properly seated, which can either be firmly pressing on them to make sure they're properly latched in, or in some cases, removal and re-installation. Generally, it's not necessary with the CPU, as it usually will not work at all if there is a problem of this nature.

Edited by An0maly_76
Revised, more info

I don't badmouth others' input, I'd appreciate others not badmouthing mine. *** More below ***

MODERATE TO SEVERE AUTISTIC, COMPLICATED WITH COVID FOG

Due to the above, I've likely revised posts <30 min old, and do not think as you do.

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!

13 minutes ago, Kingzy said:

Sorry I didn't reply, I just thought of trying the ideas and if they didn't work oh well. I apologize, however, I did end up spending the night and performing a RAM test on every single ram stick and only one of them failed in category 9 (or test 9 which is modulo 20, ones & zeros); should I be concerned? And should I try to replace it with manufacture warranty? **Again, sorry for not responding**

Yes, replace them. They shouldn't fail. 

39 minutes ago, An0maly_76 said:

ReSEAT, not reSET. Basically, making sure these components are properly seated, which can either be firmly pressing on them to make sure they're properly latched in, or in some cases, removal and re-installation. Generally, it's not necessary with the CPU, as it usually will not work at all if there is a problem of this nature.

OHHHHH, My bad I thought it was just a typo lol, but yea I did ensure that they are reSEATed 😄 

Thank you for the help and clarification!

35 minutes ago, RONOTHAN## said:

Yes, replace them. They shouldn't fail. 

Ok sounds good! I am in the process of working towards a manufacture warranty exchange on ADATA's website right now

I appreciate all the help!