Crashing games

I have a problem with games crashing(MC,My summer car,Pay Day2,...) for some reason. In the way that I can play for about 10 minutes and then the game crashes, I tried such classics as updating the graphics drivers and Memory Diagnostics, but in the meantime I tried to see if there is a virus in the PC, but it is not anymore, so I don't know what to do with it. Can someone help me?

Spec

CPU: Intel core 2 Quad Q9550

GPU:Asus eah6670/dis/1gd5

RAM:7GB

Mother board: Gigabyte p35-ds3

SSD:250gb

HDD:250gb

PSU:400W

Buggered memory high up in the registers, not enough memory, power weakness or fluctuations, or heat problems are all possibilities.   Specs would help with this one. Specs pretty much always wind up being needed for troubleshooting.  Sort of reminds me of ancient times when all physicians were male, and were not allowed to actually see the patient if the patient was not, but merely went off verbal descriptions from the husband.

Edited by Bombastinator

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

5 hours ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

Specs?

Spec

2 minutes ago, W0lfe said:

Spec

Are you overclocking the cpu? If you arent then you should be ocing as 775 are slow asf

If you are already overclocking (a must on 775) then revert the oc settings and see if that fixes it, use prime95 large ffts to test both oc and non oc

Could you show a pic of each of the ram sticks? Need to see ics because its most likely ram just because the odd capacity is a red flag already and mix match may or may not work especially with oc

8 minutes ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

Are you overclocking the cpu? If you arent then you should be ocing as 775 are slow asf

If you are already overclocking (a must on 775) then revert the oc settings and see if that fixes it, use prime95 large ffts to test both oc and non oc

Could you show a pic of each of the ram sticks? Need to see ics because its most likely ram just because the odd capacity is a red flag already and mix match may or may not work especially with oc

the processor is overclocked and it hasn't been a problem until now, and I'm attaching a picture of the ram here because I don't know what brand it is.And otherwise I know for 100% that it does not overheat because even at maximum use I have approximately 55°C and on the GPU approx. 60°C

291897065_341652798123948_8785572842554272997_n.jpg

4 minutes ago, W0lfe said:

the processor is overclocked and it hasn't been a problem until now, and I'm attaching a picture of the ram here because I don't know what brand it is.And otherwise I know for 100% that it does not overheat because even at maximum use I have approximately 55°C and on the GPU approx. 60°C

291897065_341652798123948_8785572842554272997_n.jpg

Overclock settings? You can show pic of bios for the oc settings

I suggest dropping the cpu multi by 1 and running p95 large ffts to make sure the cpu is not causing any issues and its just ram or fsb

I'll tell you like this, but it's a classic, Turbo mode is set in the bios.I don't even know if it counts as an overclock but maybe yes.

16 minutes ago, W0lfe said:

I'll tell you like this, but it's a classic, Turbo mode is set in the bios.I don't even know if it counts as an overclock but maybe yes.

Lmfao dont even bother with auto oc garbage, learn to oc properly

Also could you show said turbo mode? Ive played around with a giga g31m and did see some sort of turbomode, basically it auto overclocks your ram which is generally a terrible idea and you need to set your ram manually, turn it off and i bet your issues will go away

For overclocking wise cpu is rather straightforward, just raise fsb and voltage. Ram and fsb are a whole different thing, attempting to oc mix match ram is a horrible idea and fsb oc relies on ram not crapping out on you so if you can resell or trade those rams for diff rams all with same ic (you can do this via request seller, branding dont matter at all, elpida prefferable for 2gb sticks, micron d9gmh/gkx for 1gb sticks), fsb also needs vtt volt and nb volt set right and i do reccomend putting a fan over the nb heatsink (the heatsink below the cpu/above the pcie slots). Max safe cpu and fsb = 1.6v, max safe ram depends on cooling and specific ic but the nb should tolerate 2.6v daily and max ~2.95v though use either 2.2 or 2.4v as voltage guidelines as some ics may not scale or work above said volts (ex my extreem dark ddr2 that only needs 2.38v for 1520mhz 7-9-6-9 iirc 60trfc), if you degrade the rams theyre only a few $ anyways and degradation is mostly not noticable if its not degrading rapidly

1 hour ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

PCI is to the point of non-competitive with a core4quad.  Less than half.  Furthermore the things are 4/4.  I’m impressed it just runs at all. Core4quads aren’t really gaming machines any more and haven’t been for some time. I’ve got 2 of em in my living room I was gonna donate.  It’s equivalent to some of the lowest end celerons sold at this point.  You might not have any mechanical problems at all and the thing is just puffing trying to keep up.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

40 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

PCI is to the point of non-competitive with a core4quad.  Less than half.  Furthermore the things are 4/4.  I’m impressed it just runs at all. Core4quads aren’t really gaming machines any more and haven’t been for some time. I’ve got 2 of em in my living room I was gonna donate.  It’s equivalent to some of the lowest end celerons sold at this point.  You might not have any mechanical problems at all and the thing is just puffing trying to keep up.

Well the ops prob on a budget so what else can ya do? Im trying to be less useless during the school holiday and make some money but then i dont have enough money for proper testing equipment for my rams 😞  though there are prob other ways to make money off pcs than selling oced bare pcbs

Thanks everyone for your help, I'll try everything I can and hope it works

54 minutes ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

Well the ops prob on a budget so what else can ya do? Im trying to be less useless during the school holiday and make some money but then i dont have enough money for proper testing equipment for my rams 😞  though there are prob other ways to make money off pcs than selling oced bare pcbs

You don’t need any equipment.  Two decent free choices:  memtest86 or the one stick of rem trick.  I suspect the thing just can’t keep up though. There is a $28 upgrade but this doesn’t look like a machine it is worth putting any money into though.  There is a xenon that fits lga775 if it is put in sideways and special sticker is used to reroute some of the pins.  Requires carving out the registration key on the motherboard with a knife.  Makes the thing a bit faster.  Likely still not fast enough though.  The other option, which is even more expensive, is one of two motherboards originally made my intel (yeah intel used to do enthusiast motherboards) that allow for better overclocking.  Doesn’t fix the 4/4 problem though.  

Edited by Bombastinator

1 hour ago, Bombastinator said:

You don’t need any equipment.  Two decent free choices:  memtest86 or the one stick of rem trick.  I suspect the thing just can’t keep up though. There is a $28 upgrade but this doesn’t look like a machine it is worth putting any money into though.  There is a xenon that fits lga775 if it is put in sideways and special sticker is used to reroute some of the pins.  Requires carving out the registration key on the motherboard with a knife.  Makes the thing a bit faster.  Likely still not fast enough though.  The other option, which is even more expensive, is one of two motherboards originally made my intel (yeah intel used to do enthusiast motherboards) that allow for better overclocking.  Doesn’t fix the 4/4 problem though.  

Those intel boards suck ass, top tier on 775 is either giga ep45 (famous for 700+ fsb records) or asus x48 like the p5e premium or REX also ridicolous fsb but actually good for benchmarking, something to do with timings in the nb iirc so the rams are faster on x48, you literally see none of those intel boards used for fsb, i dont think any of em even get close to 600 which is pretty damn slow xoc shenanigans wise

Q9550 is decent no need to upgrade it, just run the fastest fsb you can for the highest cpu clock, i suggest setting a low multi to make sure heat is not an issue and start cranking the fsb, quads tend to not like going >500 other than on giga ep45 boards (though i did see a q6600 do ~590 on an asrock p45 deluxe x3 or whatever its called on hwbot) so id aim for 500 max, also giga p35 suck with voltage range so expect to be limited without voltmod (weak nb voltage cap at a meager iirc 1.5v), so if you can i suggest trading that board for a better board like asus p5k (i can make modbios file with maximus ii formula ebb to fix asus bios crippling issues), avoid p5q they just suck other than ram oc shenanigans, i already consider mine weak at max 490fsb yet all the other p5q and p5q pros ive gotten are far weaker doing less fsb so please avoid them, if going for a p45 look at gigabyte as they have the best p45s available but cheaper alternatives like dfi or biostar will work though keep in mind theyre bioses suck (particularly biostar bios only being offset voltages so avoid this if possible)

Rams can def be better but ive heard of 2gb elpidas being really good on 775 rivaling micron d9s, next best thing would be nanya d die (i have on my extreem dark doing 1520 7-9-6-9 2.38v) though terrible volt scaling >2.2 and meh timings at best (d9s do 1400+ 5-5-5-15)

Unless you can trade your board for a better p35 or p45 no need to upgrade

I do reccomend upgrading rams cause that will be your fsb limiter

Other than ram upgrade youll mostly get benifit out of oc, remember that this hardware is bulletproof so do not have any hesitation pushing voltages, just stay away from >1.6v (excl ram, max 2.6v dram for nb side but may be lower or higher depending on ic for ram side) and youll be fine

On 7/6/2022 at 5:13 PM, W0lfe said:

Thanks everyone for your help, I'll try everything I can and hope it works

After I tried everything, I found out that it is probably the graphics card, but I still don't know why? 

3 minutes ago, W0lfe said:

After I tried everything, I found out that it is probably the graphics card, but I still don't know why? 

Finding out exactly why could be a major project, but you have a machine so slow that there are a actually faster wrist watches that is worth near nothing. Does it matter?