RAM Not Working on Slot A1

Go to solution Solved by WereCat,
1 minute ago, MrMase said:

With this being and AMD build default slots are slots 2 and 4, best bet to check this would be having slots 1, 2 and 4 populated

Trying every stick in the same slot and leaving rest empty eliminates the other factors.

Almost all if not all dual channel motherboards with 4 slots use 2 and 4 as default, not just AMD.

On my x570 board every stick individualy works in every slot or two sticks in any combination of the slots but 4 sticks cause me issues unless I bump up the DRAM Current Capability after which I can even OC by quite a bit. The issue with 4 sticks on my system makes my PC randomly shut down unless I do what I described (consistent with every BIOS version as well).

I have an ASUS X570 Plus Wifi with a Ryzen 3700x, PSU 750 Bronze by EVGA, an NVIDIA 3080 Gigabyte Aorus, with PCI slots with M.2's and currently 16x2 GB of RAM Corsair Vengeance at 3200Hz. 

Yet I got myself another pair of RAM Sticks same brand, same reference and proceded to install them. But when I got to boot up the PC, it did not run and turned on one of the lights (orange/yellow) in the motherboard indicating issues with VRAM. I tried switching the RAM Sticks, yet problem persisted but when using the 2 new sticks alone, they work so I know they are not defective. 

In my workaround I winded up putting 3 RAM Sticks in: B1,B2,A2 and the computer worked. Yet I know this is not ideal so I switched back to my B2 and A2 config, but I do need to run the other 2 Sticks and Slots.

Anyone knows how to fix this and use the 4 RAM Sticks? 

Thanks!

Are both the sets of corsair memory running the same version e.g. v4.2, if not Corsair has a nasty habbit of incompatibility across versions as well as the issues reported on Ryzen CPU builds.

If this is the case your best bet is to return the new set, sell your old set and get 4 x whichever speed and size are compatible with your motherboard from another brand such as G.Skill who do not do this versioning under the same model number.

If you put any RAM stick in the A1 slot and leave the rest empty, does it boot?

If yes, the issue is either the ASUS BIOS not being able to run the 4 sticks due to applying wrong settings or the memory controller on the CPU has an issue with 4 sticks. Corsair Vengeance is also know for causing a lot of issues anyways so thats not completely out of the window as well.

Just now, WereCat said:

If you put any RAM stick in the A1 slot and leave the rest empty, does it boot?

If yes, the issue is either the ASUS BIOS not being able to run the 4 sticks due to applying wrong settings or the memory controller on the CPU has an issue with 4 sticks. Corsair Vengeance is also know for causing a lot of issues anyways so thats not completely out of the window as well.

With this being and AMD build default slots are slots 2 and 4, best bet to check this would be having slots 1, 2 and 4 populated

1 minute ago, MrMase said:

Trying every stick in the same slot and leaving rest empty eliminates the other factors.

Almost all if not all dual channel motherboards with 4 slots use 2 and 4 as default, not just AMD.

On my x570 board every stick individualy works in every slot or two sticks in any combination of the slots but 4 sticks cause me issues unless I bump up the DRAM Current Capability after which I can even OC by quite a bit. The issue with 4 sticks on my system makes my PC randomly shut down unless I do what I described (consistent with every BIOS version as well).

Thanks guys, I tried the solutions and the issue was with the BIOS, I got an update and then it worked.

Thank you for your time and help