Ram stopped working overnight

hey, so i've had an 8GB DDR3 RAM (1600mhz) paired with another 4GB one for over 2 years now, but one morning as i try to boot my pc , i get an error on my mother board ( code 10 ) so after trying a few things i decided to remove one of my rams but the problem still occurs, so i removed the other one which happened to be the 8GB one and left the other 4GB ram in, it suddenly started again, so i figured maybe it just died, so i went out and bought another 8GB ram, installed it, and it worked without any problems for a day , i then turned off my pc for the night, next day i turned it on again, and there, the same problem happened again, error code 10 so removed the ram again and it booted up like normal with the 4gb one, then i decided to try them in another pc, but they just won't even work, i assumed they got fried, but why ? i had no problems for so long and i didn't change anything, why would 2 8GB rams get fried just like that, but the 4GB one works without a problem, i tried all the ram slots same results.
i'm too afraid to buy yet another one only to fry it again, idk what is wrong does any one know what could be the problem ? can my mother board cause this ? or PSU if so then why do they stop working overnight, and why is the 4GB one still working, i even tried 2 other 2GB rams without issues, other than that my pc runs fine.
SPECS:
CPU: i5 3450 3.10ghz
MOBO: ASROCK P67 EXTREME 4 GEN 3 
PSU: Gigabyte GP-PW400 80+ 400w
GPU: MSI RX 570 
RAM: 4GB DDR 3 1600mhz + 2x (8GB DDR 3 1600mhz not working anymore) 
HDD 1TB WD
WINDOWS 10 64bit 21H2

At work we have a few AM3+ systems (different platform, I know, but still DDR3) and one of these PCs kept eating RAM. We're talking 2 sticks every 2 years. I never fully "solved" it as the actual cause was never found, but by reducing the number of sticks from 4 to 3 it finally stopped dying. My theory is that the motherboard had a faulty slot(s) or was over-driving the voltage with all 4 slots populated.

That said, most RAM manufacturers are very easy to work with regarding RMAs. Even if your board killed both of your 8GB sticks, they'll send you new ones for free (assuming you bought them new, and not from Ebay or the like). My aforementioned system used up 3 RMAs, and I could have done a 4th, but was tired of shipping things around so I just threw the dead stick in the trash and moved on. (Hence using only 3 sticks these days, lol)

If you acquire another stick, try using a different slot than you've been using. And if you can afford it, get 2 sticks so you can run a proper dual-channel setup.

Primary Gaming Rig:

Ryzen 5 5600 CPU, Gigabyte B450 I AORUS PRO WIFI mITX motherboard, PNY XLR8 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 RAM, Mushkin PILOT 500GB SSD (boot), Corsair Force 3 480GB SSD (games), XFX RX 5700 8GB GPU, Fractal Design Node 202 HTPC Case, Corsair SF 450 W 80+ Gold SFX PSU, Windows 11 Pro, Dell S2719DGF 27.0" 2560x1440 155 Hz Monitor, Corsair K68 RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard (MX Brown), Logitech G900 CHAOS SPECTRUM Wireless Mouse, Logitech G533 Headset

HTPC/Gaming Rig:

Ryzen 7 3700X CPU, ASRock B450M Pro4 mATX Motherboard, ADATA XPG GAMMIX D20 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 RAM, Mushkin PILOT 1TB SSD (boot), 2x Seagate BarraCuda 1 TB 3.5" HDD (data), Seagate BarraCuda 4 TB 3.5" HDD (DVR), PowerColor RX VEGA 56 8GB GPU, Fractal Design Node 804 mATX Case, Cooler Master MasterWatt 550 W 80+ Bronze Semi-modular ATX PSU, Silverstone SST-SOB02 Blu-Ray Writer, Windows 11 Pro, Logitech K400 Plus Keyboard, Corsair K63 Lapboard Combo (MX Red w/Blue LED), Logitech G603 Wireless Mouse, Kingston HyperX Cloud Stinger Headset, HAUPPAUGE WinTV-quadHD TV Tuner, Samsung 65RU9000 TV

Are they bare pcb or do they have useless heatspreaders on em?

Check the ics on both 8gb sticks to see if they are the same or they are different, also look at the 4gb stick ics and see if it may match with the ics on the 8gb stick (unless your 4gb sticks are dual sided)

You can also manually set the voltage, though unless the stupid thing was cramming >2.4v i doubt your ics will just die that easy, and asrock has complete trash bios before haswell so it shouldnt even be able to go near 2.4v, meager 2.1v at most atleast thats what ive seen on my now dead failure of a z77 extreme4 crossflashed to a z77 oc formula

On 7/5/2022 at 1:45 PM, Kid.Lazer said:

At work we have a few AM3+ systems (different platform, I know, but still DDR3) and one of these PCs kept eating RAM. We're talking 2 sticks every 2 years. I never fully "solved" it as the actual cause was never found, but by reducing the number of sticks from 4 to 3 it finally stopped dying. My theory is that the motherboard had a faulty slot(s) or was over-driving the voltage with all 4 slots populated.

That said, most RAM manufacturers are very easy to work with regarding RMAs. Even if your board killed both of your 8GB sticks, they'll send you new ones for free (assuming you bought them new, and not from Ebay or the like). My aforementioned system used up 3 RMAs, and I could have done a 4th, but was tired of shipping things around so I just threw the dead stick in the trash and moved on. (Hence using only 3 sticks these days, lol)

If you acquire another stick, try using a different slot than you've been using. And if you can afford it, get 2 sticks so you can run a proper dual-channel setup.

hey, sorry for the late reply, unfortunately i cannot RMA since i bought them from the likes of Ebay markets, (i'm not from the U.S) but i'm just confused as to why did both of them work fine, but wouldn't boot again after a totally normal windows shutdown. both of them stopped working after trying to boot for the second time. 
and yes i used different slot for each ram.
and i tried my other 4GB ram on every slot yet it still worked.
i didn't mention that they are KINGSTON ram, the ones that are like low profile, they are very slim and small compared to normal ram, still 240pin DDR3 tho
could that be a problem, are they any different from normal ones.
here's a picture.

s-l1600.jpg

On 7/5/2022 at 2:12 PM, Somerandomtechyboi said:

Are they bare pcb or do they have useless heatspreaders on em?

Check the ics on both 8gb sticks to see if they are the same or they are different, also look at the 4gb stick ics and see if it may match with the ics on the 8gb stick (unless your 4gb sticks are dual sided)

You can also manually set the voltage, though unless the stupid thing was cramming >2.4v i doubt your ics will just die that easy, and asrock has complete trash bios before haswell so it shouldnt even be able to go near 2.4v, meager 2.1v at most atleast thats what ive seen on my now dead failure of a z77 extreme4 crossflashed to a z77 oc formula

hey, yes they are bare pcb
i don't think i understand what do you mean by ICS, but they are different rams, 4GB is a samsung , 8GB is kingston, but my first 8GB ram died as it was paired with the 4gb one, so when i got the second one, i suspected that they might not work together so i just used the 8GB stick on it's own, and yet it still died the second time i tried to boot my pc, which was like 10 seconds after i shut it down because i wanted to see if the same problem happens again ( it did 😢 ) 
as for the voltage, my MOBO has it set to auto but still i tried setting it to 1.5v manually to no avail.

now i'm stuck because i'm afraid that if i went to buy yet another ram, the same thing would happen again, 
idk what to do, everything else works fine , i even paired my 4GB ram with another 2GB and it works perfectly...
Here's a pic of the ram in question.

s-l1600.jpg

16 minutes ago, kaelkas said:

hey, yes they are bare pcb
i don't think i understand what do you mean by ICS, but they are different rams, 4GB is a samsung , 8GB is kingston, but my first 8GB ram died as it was paired with the 4gb one, so when i got the second one, i suspected that they might not work together so i just used the 8GB stick on it's own, and yet it still died the second time i tried to boot my pc, which was like 10 seconds after i shut it down because i wanted to see if the same problem happens again ( it did 😢 ) 
as for the voltage, my MOBO has it set to auto but still i tried setting it to 1.5v manually to no avail.

now i'm stuck because i'm afraid that if i went to buy yet another ram, the same thing would happen again, 
idk what to do, everything else works fine , i even paired my 4GB ram with another 2GB and it works perfectly...
Here's a pic of the ram in question.

s-l1600.jpg

Rebranded ic so no idea

Actual pic of your ram and the 4gb samsung?

21 minutes ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

Rebranded ic so no idea

Actual pic of your ram and the 4gb samsung?

i'm not home atm but these are the exact same ones i have.
s-l1600.jpg.5ff1af8370a58d336c4c6d934d37e173.jpg

image_2022-07-09_214730977.png