Please judge my component selection!

Budget (including currency): ~1700 AUD (flexible)

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: 1440p 170hz gaming (not really AAA games tho), everyday non-gaming 

Other details: Replacing a mid-tier PC I built in 2017, so my knowledge is pretty rusty. Not interested in RGB at all. Also I have sensory issues so not looking for anything too loud.

Current plan (prices in AUD):

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600X - $329

MOBO: Gigabyte B550 Aorus elite v2 - $199

RAM: Corsair 32GB (2x16GB) 3200MHz DDR4 CMK32GX4M2C3200C18 Vengeance LPX - $189

GPU: MSI GeForce RTX 3060 Ti VENTUS 2X 8G OCV1 LHR, 1695MHz - $699 (MSRP $688)

PSU: Cooler Master MWE Gold V2 750W - $139

Case: Lian Li Lancool 215 Black E-ATX Case, T/G Window, No PSU - $129

TOTAL = 1684 AUD

Just looking for any suggestions/critiques of my component selection.

Any help is appreciated, thanks!

1 minute ago, emosun said:

Do you want a drive in the computer?

Will be using my old PC's drives so no need.

1 minute ago, llamalicker69 said:

Will be using my old PC's drives so no need.

If they are hdd consider a m.2 for  faster load times. If you have a m.2 then feel free to remove the one in my list 

About what id recommend 

https://au.pcpartpicker.com/list/fWGRzf

12400f Is a solid performer that will be great in games

240 aio to keep the build quiet, though it isn't strictly needed as the 12400f dosent run that hot, which will help with noise as you can set a less aggressive fan curve for temps.  it's the lesser of 2 evils of pump vs fan spin imo.

Roughly the cheapest kit of 32gb

1tb m.2 that's cheap. Refer to the previous statement if you already have a m.2 drive.

A 6700xt is a better performer then the 3060ti for 50 dollars less.

Decent case for the price. If you want maximum quietness, adding some p12 fans to get air moving more efficiently would be recommend.

might add SSD

Spec: Macbook Air 2017    

ProcessorPU: ii5 (I5-5350U |    

| RAM: 8GB LPDDR3 |

| Storage: 128GB SSD 

| GPU: Intel HD 6000 |

| Audio: JBL 450BT Wireless Headset |

PCPartPicker Part List: https://au.pcpartpicker.com/list/V2VTPX

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X 3.7 GHz 6-Core Processor  ($308.77 @ JW Computers) 
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO V2 62 CFM CPU Cooler  ($59.00 @ Computer Alliance) 
Motherboard: Asus TUF GAMING B550M-PLUS Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($149.00 @ BPC Technology) 
Memory: PNY XLR8 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory  ($85.00 @ Mwave Australia) 
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3070 Ti 8 GB Vision OC Video Card  ($899.00 @ Amazon Australia) 
Case: Phanteks Eclipse P300A Mesh ATX Mid Tower Case  ($89.00 @ PCCaseGear) 
Power Supply: Deepcool DQ-M-V2L 850 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  ($119.00 @ Centre Com) 
Total: $1708.77
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2022-07-02 19:59 AEST+1000

I went for this rgb ram because its cheap

Intel build:

PCPartPicker Part List: https://au.pcpartpicker.com/list/vxcvbK

1 hour ago, Ryuikko said:

If they are hdd consider a m.2 for  faster load times. If you have a m.2 then feel free to remove the one in my list 

About what id recommend 

https://au.pcpartpicker.com/list/fWGRzf

12400f Is a solid performer that will be great in games

240 aio to keep the build quiet, though it isn't strictly needed as the 12400f dosent run that hot, which will help with noise as you can set a less aggressive fan curve for temps.  it's the lesser of 2 evils of pump vs fan spin imo.

Roughly the cheapest kit of 32gb

1tb m.2 that's cheap. Refer to the previous statement if you already have a m.2 drive.

A 6700xt is a better performer then the 3060ti for 50 dollars less.

Decent case for the price. If you want maximum quietness, adding some p12 fans to get air moving more efficiently would be recommend.

Thanks for the tips, I'm running a 2.5" SSD, not an M.2. I'll probably just stick with that for the time being. I went with the 3060 ti over the 6700xt for DLSS which I hope will extend the life of it more when I eventually struggle to run the newest games again. The CPU/mobo suggestion is good, I'm a bit of an AMD fanboy ngl but thats a pretty good deal.

Thanks!

2 hours ago, llamalicker69 said:

Thanks for the tips, I'm running a 2.5" SSD, not an M.2. I'll probably just stick with that for the time being. I went with the 3060 ti over the 6700xt for DLSS which I hope will extend the life of it more when I eventually struggle to run the newest games again. The CPU/mobo suggestion is good, I'm a bit of an AMD fanboy ngl but thats a pretty good deal.

Thanks!

2.5 SSD will be fine asa boot disk.  Don't worry too much about M.2 for now.  Did you check that QVL list i dug out for ya?  Don't know if you're familiar with them or not but best way i find to use them is pick some ram.  Copy the CMK32GX4M2C3200C18 part of it the paste it in to the 'find' box in the PDF viewer.  If it comes up you have a winner

With all the Trolls, Try Hards, Noobs and Weirdos around here you'd think i'd find SOMEWHERE to fit in!

3 hours ago, SimplyChunk said:

2.5 SSD will be fine asa boot disk.  Don't worry too much about M.2 for now.  Did you check that QVL list i dug out for ya?  Don't know if you're familiar with them or not but best way i find to use them is pick some ram.  Copy the CMK32GX4M2C3200C18 part of it the paste it in to the 'find' box in the PDF viewer.  If it comes up you have a winner

Ah yeah I did see that, and I'll be changing the RAM. The annoying thing is that it probably doesnt matter but ofc its better be on the safe side when spending $200.

55 minutes ago, llamalicker69 said:

Ah yeah I did see that, and I'll be changing the RAM. The annoying thing is that it probably doesnt matter but ofc its better be on the safe side when spending $200.

It just eliminates a variable IF you have issues.  Since Zen AMD has been a bit more 'picky' with it's RAM than Intel

With all the Trolls, Try Hards, Noobs and Weirdos around here you'd think i'd find SOMEWHERE to fit in!