Value gaming PC

Budget (including currency): 600 USD aprox.

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Valorent, Minecraft, Battlefield 2042, some video editing and casual internet browsing, Microsoft Flight Simulator (the latest version), No Man's Sky, DCS (Digital Combat Simulator);

Other details: I'm trying to build a decent, value gaming PC, with a lot of bang-for-the-buck. I know how expensive parts are these days, but I want to keep it as cheap as possible. 

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/pTKbwc

you'd still be better off just getting an older prebuilt and slapping a gpu in it. what you've got there isn;t very fast and aside from the parts being new doesnt have much going for it

either that or just get a steam deck

Your build is pretty much as cheap as you'll get it. Maybe save $15 on a cheaper case and a bit more with 16GB of ram but that'll still be $600+ regardless

On 7/2/2022 at 12:45 AM, emosun said:

you'd still be better off just getting an older prebuilt and slapping a gpu in it. what you've got there isn;t very fast and aside from the parts being new doesnt have much going for it

either that or just get a steam deck

If you mean by an older used 2 year pre-built then maybe but often the $600 pre-builds are some of the worst value PC's you can get. Some Amazon sellers come with close to no future upgrade viability or OEM versions that are a pain to try and reuse parts later.

Desktop: Ryzen 7 5800X3D - Kraken X62 Rev 2 - STRIX X470-I - 3600MHz 32GB Kingston Fury - 250GB 970 Evo boot - 2x 500GB 860 Evo - 1TB P3 - 4TB HDD - RX6800 - RMx 750 W 80+ Gold - Manta - Silent Wings Pro 4's enjoyer

SetupZowie XL2740 27.0" 240hz - Roccat Burt Pro Corsair K70 LUX browns - PC38X - Mackie CR5X's

Current build on PCPartPicker

3 hours ago, venomtail said:

Your build is pretty much as cheap as you'll get it. Maybe save $15 on a cheaper case and a bit more with 16GB of ram but that'll still be $600+ regardless

Correct.

I'd say get the below list, with a 12th gen CPU at least, and use your remaining budget to shop for a used GPU. For the remaining 226 USD, you should be able to get a used GTX 1080 or RTX 2060 (Super) on Ebay, which should perform significantly better than an RX6600. You'll need to shop around for a good deal though, but they sell for that much on occasion looking at completed listings on Ebay.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: Intel Core i3-12100F 3.3 GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($106.99 @ Newegg)
Motherboard: ASRock H610M-HVS Micro ATX LGA1700 Motherboard  ($79.99 @ Newegg)
Memory: Silicon Power GAMING 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory  ($46.97 @ Amazon)
Storage: TEAMGROUP MS30 512 GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive  ($34.79 @ Newegg)
Case: Metallic Gear Neo Silent ATX Mid Tower Case  ($59.99 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: Deepcool DA500 500 W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($46.25 @ Amazon)
Total: $374.98
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2022-07-04 07:55 EDT-0400

4 hours ago, venomtail said:

If you mean by an older used 2 year pre-built then maybe but often the $600 pre-builds are some of the worst value PC's you can get. Some Amazon sellers come with close to no future upgrade viability or OEM versions that are a pain to try and reuse parts later.

nope not what i meant or typed